LD9 Crank needed! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 Crank needed!
Friday, April 26, 2013 8:52 AM
Looking for a crank for my LD9. Short on time but if anyone has on that's useable let me know. Thanks

Re: LD9 Crank needed!
Friday, April 26, 2013 10:55 AM
Finding a standard crank in good condition is very hard - I honestly wish you good luck on getting one!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, April 26, 2013 4:08 PM
^^ i second that. but he didnt say he required a STD lol

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Friday, April 26, 2013 7:00 PM
Oh I know he didn't I just figured that if its for the engine that's in his car then he's going to need a GOOD crank not some junkyard scarred up used one.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Monday, April 29, 2013 4:22 PM
I have one that coukd use a good polishing. Shouldnt need cut at all. Brad, this is the one i sent you pictures of around the beginning of the year.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, May 06, 2013 4:22 AM
Looks like I need new pistons as well. Not sure what I'm doing with the car right now. Probably hold off getting any parts for it for now. May have a part out in the future

Monday, May 06, 2013 7:45 AM
Matthew Jollymore wrote:Looks like I need new pistons as well. Not sure what I'm doing with the car right now. Probably hold off getting any parts for it for now. May have a part out in the future

Wha happen?!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:34 PM
Just enough things over the years. I think its time to start a RWD build. Just seems like its one step forward and 2 steps back. But I guess I only need a head gasket, pistons and a crank and it would be up and running again.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 2:29 PM
Matthew Jollymore wrote:Just enough things over the years. I think its time to start a RWD build. Just seems like its one step forward and 2 steps back. But I guess I only need a head gasket, pistons and a crank and it would be up and running again.

There's nothing "just" about a crank, pistons and HG.... That's pretty much a new build lol. Did you melt anything? Sorry to hear man, we've all had our ups and downs. Specifically downs.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:38 PM
Sucks about the build. Mine is modeled fairly close to yours with just a bit more compression.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:44 PM
Apparently nothing looks damaged. Cylinder still is good, as I had it overbored only 12,000kms or so ago. Its not too much work to get it running again but I've been wanting to build a 350Z or corvette for a long time. Guess all this leaves me wondering if this is a sign. The Wiseco forged pistons certainly didn't hold up as long as I thought they would. Decisions, decisions. I guess it doesn't help I just ordered 6 injectors for my diesel truck which ate into my car fund.

Friday, May 10, 2013 4:14 AM
Whats wrong with the pistons?

If they are damaged then something else has happened inside the motor. Or a build issue.

FU Tuning

Friday, May 10, 2013 11:46 AM
Im feeling it could be in the tune. But hard to be 100% sure at this time. If I get it running again it will be re-tuned for lower boost with some hope to have more reliability. I was getting a fair amount of blowby so I had a feeling what the damage was going to be.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search