ChevyCavalierWorld - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ChevyCavalierWorld
Monday, April 29, 2013 8:04 AM
Hello, All

http://www.chevycavalierworld.com/

This seems to good to be true with all the 2.2L performance parts...

Has anyone ordered from this store?

Thanks!

-McMurrin

Re: ChevyCavalierWorld
Monday, April 29, 2013 10:53 AM
Ordered plenty of parts.good people good parts good prices.
Monday, April 29, 2013 11:23 AM
I haven't ordered from them yet, but they are legit. I thought the same thing too and was glad to hear they are actually selling 2.2 OHV performance parts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Monday, April 29, 2013 12:53 PM
I wonder what they use for tuning...$300 includes the a/f and the basics. I cant imagine them getting it correct in one tune and you have to send them your ECU which is a 5-7 day turn around.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:42 PM
Hey Guys, I'm the one doing the tunes for CCW. A custom tune is always best but I get them pretty close on the first try. I've been tuning them for 10 years so I have a ton of files to cover just about every mod combination you can possibly want. These things are simple creatures, it limits the potential a little but also makes them easy to predict. Seems like we sell more tunes lately than anything else but we've got a few items that are hot right now with plenty more new ones on the way... Feel free to call CCW and talk to Phil and if he doesn't know the answers to what you're looking for he can put you in touch with me, David D.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:35 PM
wwwDTS2net wrote:Hey Guys, I'm the one doing the tunes for CCW. A custom tune is always best but I get them pretty close on the first try. I've been tuning them for 10 years so I have a ton of files to cover just about every mod combination you can possibly want. These things are simple creatures, it limits the potential a little but also makes them easy to predict. Seems like we sell more tunes lately than anything else but we've got a few items that are hot right now with plenty more new ones on the way... Feel free to call CCW and talk to Phil and if he doesn't know the answers to what you're looking for he can put you in touch with me, David D.

There aren't that many tuners in AZ, if any at all, that deal with the JBody ECU's. I'd love to get my turbo stuff installed on my LN2, but the only thing holding me back is a tune, the price seems reasonable enough and i'm beginning to sway towards this as a option, do you have any experience specifically with this combination? And what about any sort of fine tuning? # of corrections allowed? etc

Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:39 AM
This is crazy (we know), but you can buy our complete performance Intake now for only $199 (not a typo!)

^^^copied direct from their website lol i wonder how many noobs actually think that's a good deal.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:53 PM
Most of my tuning experience is with boosted 2.2's. I just started working with Chevy Cavalier World testing the N/A cams, stroker kits, and throttle bodies last year to help tune for their circle track customer base... That's all going really well but I can definitely help you with your boost tuning needs as well!
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:59 PM
I'm actually the one making the intake tubes as well... $199 is a pretty good deal considering it's a 3" polished aluminum TIG welded tube with 4 ply silicone couplings, stainless steel t bolt clamps, and it's made here in America. What are your other options? A $25 hunk of junk ebay intake or a $225 plastic K&N FIPK? Granted, they may be a little excited about it but it is a good deal.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:59 PM
Interesting....and glad to hear someone out there helping the community out with jbody support. But where is the LD9 2.4L support? I mean the Z24 Cavalier is where all the hype is once a Z24 "DUAL OVERHEAD CAM" engine came out. Granted now the lighter and more efficient ecotec is available but still the 00-02 LD9s can be tuned with boost easily.

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, May 24, 2013 10:58 PM
I'd like to see an Ecotec turbo kit.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:08 AM
I believe we have a few products (pistons, rods, bearings etc) for them and I can tune the ecu's no problem. If there is something we can manufacture or have manufactured for them that there is a high enough demand for we'd gladly do it. We drive 2.2 OHV's and most of the people who call us are looking for 2.2 OHV parts, so we just simply don't know what the LD9 guys need.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:12 PM
CCW appears to be in New Hampshire but your in louisiana? Just curious as seemed kinda kool to have something like this semi local but...what exactly is in NH...just a warehouse/ shipping center type thing or.......cuz that seems like a helluva commute for a lil 2.2 to go thru daily..or even weekly heh

Saturday, June 08, 2013 11:25 AM
^Bump^ or has anyone actually been there or maybe live in the area? (New Hampshire that is)

Monday, June 10, 2013 10:19 PM
The CCW head quarters are in NH. Phil runs Flatlander Racing, Import Performance Parts, and CCW along with a few other websites and businesses out of there. He has several warehouses across the country and the world. He's not really open to the public since most of his business is mail order... My business is located in Louisiana. Some of the manufacturing and laborious services we offer together are performed here. I'm also not open to the public yet but should be within a few weeks. My business is geared more towards a speed shop, just with much of the go fast parts manufactured in house.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search