Did Anyone Ever Try...(95 Intake Mod) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Did Anyone Ever Try...(95 Intake Mod)
Saturday, May 04, 2013 11:54 PM
Modding a 94-97 upper intake to fit a removable TB like the 98+?

I've been really going over the idea and even posted in the classifieds looking for a later model TB spacer to use as a mounting plate, with the spacer welded to a modified upper intake. There is hardly enough meat on it to just mount a TB too, with the built-in TB cut off of it, so I'm gonna have to weld up a front face.

A few things I can see being a problem is finding the right spacing and angle to fit the 98+ rail for my top-feed conversion. I'll probably have to machine a spacer to the right angle or weld in an angled mounting plate...but i'm getting way ahead of myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...

Re: Did Anyone Ever Try...(95 Intake Mod)
Sunday, May 05, 2013 12:45 PM
I'm gonna take a look today at the 2.4 that i'm stealing my TB from and see if the manifold can be sacrificed for it's mounting surface. If it can, then it will be frankenstein welded to my intake.

I'm gonna be doing this with a spare manifold top, as my current cleaned up upper manifold will run the vehicle for now.

Monday, May 06, 2013 2:41 PM
Well the manifold on the 2.4's is plastic, so I can't weld it to my manifold. So I'm still gonna be looking for a spacer for now and try to find another way around my issue.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:19 AM
2.3 Quad 4 manifolds are aluminum and if you drill the mounting holes larger in a 2.4 Throttle body, it will bolt right up.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:43 PM
Nice, I'm gonna have to start looking for Q4's in town. I don't know of many personally, but I'm sure there are more GM FWD cars than there are people, in my town.

I'm gonna be picking up a scrapped 94 Cavy from a friend soon, but the trick is I have to swap some parts over to his 95 first so he can finish it and sell it. It shouldn't be too hard, but that gives me a spare 94-97 manifold to experiment with too.

I'm still gathering parts right now, but once I start, I'll try to at least document the process for the sake of the internet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search