2.2 build. any ideas? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 build. any ideas?
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:43 AM
hey guys. been reading through the forum for quite some time now, just decided to sign up so i could ask a few questions here and there. im going to be building an engine for my car, i race a 4/10 mile dirt oval in north carolina. decided to go with a 95 block and the 98 pistons to up the compression. with the stock internals hold up to this? also, run a factory head gasket or get a steel one? thinking about doing the ARP head studs while im doing it just for safe measure. will this work on a factory tune, or do i/can i tune that computer? using the wiring harness out of a 93? i think. anything you would change? add? do differently? let me know. also. I havent bought a head yet, anything i should do to the head or a certain year model i should get? was figuring probably a 95 head with a 3 angle valve job, fresh springs, and run it. any feedback helps. thanks.

Re: 2.2 build. any ideas?
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:12 PM
Sounds like a decent plan and the stock internals should be fine.

Any rules against 1.6 rocker arms? it would be an extra edge in performance that might help. I'd stick with the stock-style stamped steel rocker arms for simplicity sake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:17 AM
rules..... haha. we're not really going by "rules" with this one. we have a 2 legal cars, and then this one. if its internal, we're going for it. just want to something off the wall, with plenty of power for what were doing. going to run vp 110 fuel due to the compression, just hoping the computer lets it run. which rocker arms are the best to switch to, and what all is needed? sounds like something we may look into, just depends on funds when we get the bottom end put together.
Thursday, June 06, 2013 9:23 AM
sounds like you have no idea what your doing. That '93 harness wont work with any '95 up
motor without some serious modifications done to it. I know the head swap is possible because
i've done that but like I said, wiring nightmare.
Friday, June 07, 2013 8:53 AM
i was told that the 95 block was the last year you could use the older wiring harness. and the only reason i was going to use the older one was because of the rev limiter issue. what is the reason for not being able to use the older harness with that block? and what would be the best to use? just looking for some more information before i get too far into this build in the wrong direction.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search