Those that have done the Racetronix pump... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Those that have done the Racetronix pump...
Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:23 AM
Im about to do my Racetronix pump here in a bit.

I bought my pump used a while back and am scrounging the install parts.

I have a new feed hose, filter and such but the clamps are causing some issue. Ive been talking to Luke c and such about it but he doesnt recall the size of the top clamp for the feed tube.

So....

What do you guys use for the top feed tube in terms of a clamp?

Also what clamp do you use for the venturi line?

With the fuel sender does it matter what wires go where?

Re: Those that have done the Racetronix pump...
Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:48 AM
I believe the top feed hose is 3/8", and I used the crimp clamp included with the kit. You want something that is going to hold extremely tight.

For the venturi hose, you are supposed to reuse the stock clamp. I was not able to remove mine without destroying it, so I found a metal sleeve the right size, and tightened it with stainless security wire as a temp fix until I get the right clamp.

I forget about the wiring, but I think I still have the install instructions around and can check later

Saturday, June 08, 2013 10:15 AM
I read it doesnt matter if the wires go back in the same way but i marked one so i knew they were going from which they came

Saturday, June 08, 2013 1:41 PM
Good Good...I actually went to the wrecker today and pulled a pump because I know my pump has been replaced in the past and didnt want to risk down time.

Just so you know aftermarket pumps by Carter are very very different.

The stock clamps are 12.3mm the same as Racetronix sends. The stock Venturi line is 6.1mm but Luke was saying that 9/64 fits nice and tight. Still trying to find one of them locally.
Saturday, June 08, 2013 3:00 PM
Now here is a question.

Those that have swapped the venturi line...

I have saw the gm replacement kits come with a small thin black line, and stock comes with a ribbed line like the feed. Anyone come across this before?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search