2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Exhaust
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:37 PM
I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this but, here it is...
My car, a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier, could really use a new exhaust system, after 113k its quite rusted out. Since the flange going from the cat to the resonator is rusted out, I've decided to buy a new cat, and a new cat back system to put on that. The only problem is, I can only find three different cat back exhaust systems online; two are Magnaflow systems that are stainless steel and expensive, the other is a PaceSetter aluminized and is less than half than the Magnaflow one. I'm not sure if I should buy one of these, or keep looking for a stainless system that is more wallet-friendly. If someone could direct me to another option that would be great, thanks for reading.

~Austin

Re: 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Exhaust
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:15 PM
here

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:32 AM
to be honest, almost any exhaust shop can cut you a pretty damn good deal on an exhaust set up and most carry Magnaflow if you like their brand. At least here in TX, not sure where you're at. I dont mind Magnaflow but I went with Boral Pro XS, to me sounds much more throaty and a sweet light drone when Im cruising, almost no raspiness.

For half the cost of a 'brand name' system thats pre cut and ready to just bolt on, here in TX there are plenty of 'south side' shops that do good work, mandrel bent exhaust systems, and can piece together a set up pretty easy. If you pay in cash you get an even better deal

btw, you may want to request to keep your cat when they remove it. here in TX you can recycle used cats for over $100...no joke. half the shops prob make more on our used ones than they do selling new ones.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:45 PM
Thermal Research and Development, it sounds better than any prefab exhaust for our cars, i've had mine since 2005 and i'll never go with any other brand. i'll try to post a vid on youtube but for $500 it's the best money i've ever spent on the car!!!
Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:28 PM
Any of the cheap exhausts off ebay and then get a muffler of your choice welded on. Depending on the price of the muffler, it will probably be about $200 or so Mine looks just as good now as it did when I got it, and that's after going through a winter full of salt and sitting for a few months after the car died.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search