Fuel System Issues, Looking For Ideas/Input - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fuel System Issues, Looking For Ideas/Input
Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:21 PM
You could always throw in your old injectors to see how it acts, but I think it is clear the pump is the problem.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:23 PM
I actually sold them unfortunately. I wish I still had them to try out. I might recall who I sold them to and see if I can borrow them back to try out.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:39 AM
I am willing to bet it's a pump/line obstruction issue. I have the Racetronix and upgraded harness on mine as well and it works great. As a side note, I think I recall you saying that at one time u have the upgrade harness as well. How is your alternator output???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:08 AM
There is no restriction.... We tested this with the tank in the car and flowing fuel all the way up to the rail, and tested it with the tank on the ground. Pressure is fine. Was able to get up to 70 psi(did not try to go farther) with ease, and pressure is does not appear to be dropping off at all.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:43 AM
Sounds like a volume issue either way. Possibly a bad FMU bleeding off too much return pressure or the more likely issue of bad pump. I would still check the alternator just as a precaution.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:27 PM
Vince let me know if you want my pump (fuel setup) honestly you could install this pump on factory tank it is self priming so you could mount it above the tank with a draw straw going inside I would sell it all with or without cell

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:20 AM
As of now... Im not sure what Im going to do yet. Not until I get my numbers off my injectors so I can call the company. But I will keep it in mind. Thanks

Friday, July 05, 2013 7:19 AM
What's the LPH on the Racetronix pump? I know of 3400 guys have swapped in a 4.3 pump right off the shelf and been able to support boost. I just did a quick search and can't find the flow rating of it though. It's a direct fit GM style. Just another option for you.

Friday, July 05, 2013 7:29 AM
255LPH. they have an upgraded unit that if I do in fact swap, i might try that pump instead. I absolutely know I had a pump issue at first. That was proved when I took the line off at the fuel tank and it still sputtered. I now know that was fixed. Not permanently fixed... but temporarily.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search