N/A Build - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
N/A Build
Monday, July 08, 2013 6:57 PM
If I were to be exploring options of a route to take on a N/A performance motor build on my 2004 Eco Tec, what info should I know? Anything will be appreciated as I am new to these motors.

Re: N/A Build
Monday, July 08, 2013 7:56 PM
Seriously dude. Theres a handful of threads about this on the first page of this subforum you just posted in. Ones like 3 posts down.

If you have some specific questions Id be glad to help but you have to narrow it down a little. To sum it up in short though, get your pocket book out.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:58 AM
Brian wrote:Seriously dude. Theres a handful of threads about this on the first page of this subforum you just posted in. Ones like 3 posts down.

If you have some specific questions Id be glad to help but you have to narrow it down a little. To sum it up in short though, get your pocket book out.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:02 PM
what info should you know? the kind of info that provides detailed explanations as to how to get air in and out of an engine most effectivly and efficiently.

start with the JBO search and work your way up to the spoon fed manual aka the gm emissions control technology build book.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:00 PM
Thanks for that, I guess I should start with the basic bolt-ons. My first question is that if I decide to keep the stock exhaust manifold for now but replace everything else with 2.25 inch pipe, do they just weld the bigger pipe to the smaller exhaust manifold?
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:01 PM
There is a flange after the stock manifold and catalytic converter. If the shop you go to does it right, theyll make/buy a flange, weld your 2.25" pipe to that flange and then bolt the 2.25" to the flange behind the catalytic converter.

Im sure there are probably places that would weld the 2.25" to the stock pipe but I wouldnt suggest going that route.

You could always pick up a 2.25" in premade catback system that will bolt onto the flange behind the cat but some don't sound the best depending on what you go with.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search