has anybody built BUILT a ld9? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
has anybody built BUILT a ld9?
Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:45 AM
Nobody seems to BUILD these everybody just throws ho or secret Cams in them and pistons if you have built a ld9 I wanna talk to you eather im me or respond here and when I say built I mean crank work h beams pistons extensive head work real cams etc whole 9 yards

I Love My J ♡

Re: has anybody built BUILT a ld9?
Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:52 AM
You must be new around here. I could probably name 30 people (including myself) that have

I have no signiture
Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:43 AM
Man I search and search and only find secret Camed motors etc I can't seem to find anything anybody has gone all out on

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, July 27, 2013 10:08 AM
Eather that or @!#$ guys start the build and never say how it went I've searched a thousand times it's all ho or @!#$ secret Cam swaps with stock rods or a 086 head etc I wanna know how a real ld9 build went. There's a reason nobody makes parts for our cars nobody takes our cars seriously cuz nobody builds them we got all these gay ass junk Honda's running around blowing our doors off its about reputation and our cars have none out side of guys like us who know there's potential there we need to do something about this all's I'm trying to do is get all the info I can so I can't build mine super nasty I'm so tired of ppl and my buddy's bring like wtf why build a cavi there "junk" I'm sorry am I the only one who takes offence to that? We need to help get after market support for our cars it will help us and people down the road who want to build our cars

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, July 27, 2013 10:14 AM
You want an extreme build to beat a "Gay ass junk Honda"?

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, July 27, 2013 10:22 AM
Plenty of builds on this site with good and bad results.

check out this list of Top HP cars. We have a few LD9's in this list.

Your text to link here...

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:10 AM
cody nobbs wrote:Eather that or @!#$ guys start the build and never say how it went I've searched a thousand times it's all ho or @!#$ secret Cam swaps with stock rods or a 086 head etc I wanna know how a real ld9 build went. There's a reason nobody makes parts for our cars nobody takes our cars seriously cuz nobody builds them we got all these gay ass junk Honda's running around blowing our doors off its about reputation and our cars have none out side of guys like us who know there's potential there we need to do something about this all's I'm trying to do is get all the info I can so I can't build mine super nasty I'm so tired of ppl and my buddy's bring like wtf why build a cavi there "junk" I'm sorry am I the only one who takes offence to that? We need to help get after market support for our cars it will help us and people down the road who want to build our cars

Maybe because secret cam swaps, ho cam swaps, 086 head swaps, an stuff are all anybody really needs here and they get very very good results. Plenty of ld9 ppl reached decent numbers with stock engines and boost. The aftermarket for the ld9 is dead. The ecotec has more to offer. Any cavy owner knows they are going to get @!#$ for building one until you make it fast...then you still get the line "it's still a cavy". Nobody is going to respect it cause they are throw away cars. I suggest more searching and not google cause that doesn't turn up @!#$. Check out the quad4forums also for more info
Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:43 PM
I believe there is high potential in the ld9 platform and Honda's just make me angry lol I just wanna see what kinda serious builds ppl have done it just seems ppl take the best stock stuff and combine it all and say done I just can't seem to find on here were somebody really tried to tweak the platform to the max with what parts we can get from after market support that we do have sorry if I sound pissy guys I've looked on here and not quad 4 yet but I will be on it for sure

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:00 PM
Try doing it for an LN2. LOL

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:02 PM
I want to preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be a dick.

If you want to really build a potent engine, youre going to need to do more than just find what everyone else is doing and copy it. The reason "gay ass junk Hondas" are running everyone is because they have TONS of very intelligent engine builders and people who know their @!#$. They dont just come onto a forum and ask for the formula for a perfect engine. They take the time to research, calculate and design the best parts for what theyre trying to do. The J-body community doesnt have nearly the amount of people who care so the amount of part combinations is pretty limited. Youre going t be venturing into the land of custom parts if you want to make pig power N/A.

You make power the same way on any engine. More air in and more air out. Take the time to research and teach yourself how to make power on any engine and you'll be able to make any motor nasty.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:36 PM
i guess the search function filters out my 2.6 stroker build.....that sucks

Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:30 PM
Yeah I'm an ECO guy and even I know the Ld9 has serious N/A potential. You just have to match up the right parts and spend the money on some custom work. Aftermarket doesn't necessarily mean power and by that I mean taking a bunch of parts off the self and throwing them on your car isn't going to yield crazy results. You have to spend the time researching and reading and going "hmm I wonder if I can make X part work with this and yield results" which you might find some people around here do.

"Crappy Honda's" can keep there aftermarket and "respect". I think you'll find true car enthusiasts appreciate a good build no matter the make. I've given and received praise from import and muscle guys. Build what you want to build and don't let trash talkers change your mind.
Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:40 PM
I'm not trying to copy anybody just like seeing what other ppl do maybe if somebody did something I think I can improve on I'll give it atry I got a really good idea of whatt I'm going to do on mine. I also got a m62 for my car off a 3800 I'm building a stock bore 11:1 cr wisco pistons crower reground ld9 cams I'm do all the port work on my head building my own manifold pacesetter header 2.5 exhaust thrush welded muffler h beams having my crank lightened and balanced 77 bearings 2.3 pump swap racetronix fuel pump arp head and main studs 1mm oversized valves and I'ma run a intercooler with my set up I can keep going on my mod list I have planned but posting on my phone sucks I just like seeing what other ppl have had success with before and brain I didn't take it as a dick so your good and Scott I would like to hear more about this stroker. Lol it don't come up on search

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:45 PM
Nobody will change my mind lol I love my z24 and think there great looking cars I'm build it because it's different

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:07 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:i guess the search function filters out my 2.6 stroker build.....that sucks

I found it. You posted it in P&M. The rebuild thread is in Performance forum.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:36 PM
I'm gonna check this out

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:31 AM
W41 cams on my build

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:59 AM
If I could find w41 cams I would pry use them but I'm go with the custom grind. And Scott I read your build thread and your profile how did the custom 2.6 work out in the end I'm look for your rebuild thread now but this sounds super cool

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:45 PM
ive never actually gotten one of my crazy configurations finished yet. i did have a mild built LD9 at one time though.... off the shelf build like so many do... wiseco dished pistons, eagle rods, secret cams, etc.

that motor has since been gone through extensivly, majorly upgraded, and basically awaits a few things then final assembly can happen. i have about 5000 into it so far and still need to send my gutted crank off to be polished by winberg then have it cryotreated. bearings still need coated and valve springs still need cryotreated/coated. but other than that stuff shes good to go. see my white 98z24's profile for more in depth info.

as for the engine id like to put together for my m45.....

ported 96-98 head, decked .020, HO springs/clydetainers, bronze guides/1mm os valves, .074 cometic, arp studs
block bored .060 with 2.3 pump swap, arp studs, .060 over diamond domed coated pistons with total seal rings, jet titanium 2.3 rods, gutted crank

and the real kicker, custom ground cams specifically for the supercharger. thinking somewhere along the lines of HO cam specs but with supercharger in mind cam timing events.

but really ive got all kinds of crazy ideas for these engines. just need the time, money, and a few parts here and there to put them together.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:20 PM
My build didn't come up either? I don't have the turbo on yet but the BUILT motor is running very well. Check out the Photo's and Media forum, myself and other put build threads in there.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:35 PM
I've got a lot of ideas swimming around in my mind right now too it's crazy the more research I do it gives me more options and god it's so hard to pick one lol

I Love My J ♡

Monday, July 29, 2013 3:43 AM
There is a bunch of us. I also posted Karo's build, in great detail, a few times on the org.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 29, 2013 6:06 AM
I search man I just guess I gotta search less specific lol

I Love My J ♡
Monday, July 29, 2013 6:47 AM
cody nobbs wrote:We need to help get after market support for our cars it will help us and people down the road who want to build our cars
LOL. GM hasn't produced a J-body in eight years, and an LD9 in 11 years.
I don't think you're going to get the aftermarket to start doing anything now that they aren't already doing for these cars and engines.

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:46 AM
That is a good point lol

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search