Overheating ld9 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Overheating ld9
Monday, August 05, 2013 1:59 PM
Hello everyone I was wondering if there was an easy way to keep my cavalier from over heating it. Overheats just when it's at idle or stuck in traffic nowhere else I just put a new thermostat in it and there are no water leaks anywhere, also the fan does turn on any advice would and will be help full! Thanks

Re: Overheating ld9
Monday, August 05, 2013 2:04 PM
Install a toggle switch for the fan. In traffic Ld9s like to sit around 3/4 on the gauge. Or just manually turn the fan on by turning on your AC. Anything more than 3/4 is bad news.
Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:26 AM
my 95 beretta used to do this same @!#$.. however it was because the fan did not work. you said yours works so thats out lol

is it low on coolant? if its overheating its because either the system is not working properly or you are losing coolant somewhere. you say there are no leaks but that does not mean its not burning it in the cylinders. you could have a bad head gasket.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:43 PM
If it's a 2.2 I'd say it is very possibly a head gasket. As for the fan mine always runs because I have it spliced to run when the key is on. I had a habit of forgetting the toggle switch.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search