Ecotec balance shafts help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec balance shafts help
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:15 AM
I went to put my balance shafts back in after having the block at the machine shop. I made the mistake of taking the gears off the shaft and know I don't know which one goes where. they are slightly different, and the stamped on part number is the same on them. there are other marks that are different. I went to the stealership and they were unable to help, but the guy did try. even looked in the techs section to see if he could find something. I was hoping someone might have a set of shafts setting around without the gears removed, or some insight as to which is which.

Re: Ecotec balance shafts help
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:32 AM

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 1:53 PM
Umm if they are the same part number then they are the same shaft...I would assume they are interchangeable.

The gears only go on one way for the intake and exhaust IIRC, so you can't mess that up.

Don't quote me on that...but I think it doesn't matter which is which as long as you have the gears timed properly for the intake and exhaust.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 2:46 PM
Geeze I wish I would have seen this earlier, about the time you posted this I had my balanced shafts right in my hand. If someone else cant come up with something before I get home, I'll check on it when I get out of work.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 4:49 PM
Do this....
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/Roofy70/balanceshaftdelete.jpg[/imAnd get some balance shaft delete bushings from LZM.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 5:11 PM
well heres the deal, if you look them up, they are different part numbers for the intake and exhaust. 90 537 565 and 90 537 566 are the numbers. I have the delete kit if I want to put it back in, or I can machine up a set of neutral shafts if I want to on the lathe.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:49 PM
Delete kit is what I recommend.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:39 AM
It must not make a lick of difference. Mine have the 90537564 as expected, but the other side doesn't match. My exhaust has GF 809 0350 X13

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search