What turbo should I buy for my 2.2 OHV - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What turbo should I buy for my 2.2 OHV
Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:22 PM
Gonna buy a turbo for my 2.2 OHV 02 cavi WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD TO DO IT!?!

Re: What turbo should I buy for my 2.2 OHV
Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:38 PM

WHATEVER THESE ARE. IN SIZE AND QUANTITY.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:35 PM
Power goal? Stock motor?

Monday, July 29, 2013 1:18 PM
I would like to run about 5 psi boost get the car to about 200 hp if possible. I'm new on the site and could use any info guys sorry if I'm lacking in info also! Let me know what you need to know to better help me. The engine is stock and I wanna know what kinda setup would ya'll go with? If you wanted to hit 5-7 psi and not blow up the engine. Aka what is a commonly used turbo or whole kit that would work best in your opinions!!!
Monday, July 29, 2013 1:29 PM
5psi for a 100whp gain? You are going to need MAJOR head work. Just forget about the PSI levels and focus at the hp.

Monday, July 29, 2013 1:37 PM
50mm, .63a/r turbo. I used an ebay turbo and with a head, cam and tune i was definitely over 200whp. I have a video of the setup on 12psi on youtube (this was a great deal more power than what it was like on 5psi)

On a stock motor i ran 5psi for about a year. I would guess 180hp or so is where it was based on trap speed.

Im going to run that turbo till it pops then upgrade it down the road when i move the setup to a different platform.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, August 05, 2013 10:19 PM
What year ohv? If its 95-97, you'll have a hard time getting larger fuel injectors since it required custom intake manifold and top feed conversion.

Saturday, August 10, 2013 3:34 AM
I believe he said 02' Cavi.. and about the intake, awhile back we had a few members selling some... plus if I could remember who it was... he said he makes them. I'm thinking of turboing mine too but its a 95' and my OBD port for checking and clearing codes doesn't work >.<' so yeaaaaa.. no tuning gunna happen there.. sadly I was only ever thinking of Going Snell because my header is right in the way.. keeping me A/C less.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search