2.2 Eco tec valve cover help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 Eco tec valve cover help
Sunday, August 11, 2013 8:33 AM
Hi everybody I have a 2004 cavalier lss with the 2.2 Eco tec I want to take my valve cover off to polish it and was wondering if I need to replace the gasket when I put it back on. Also if there is anything else special I need to know before taking it off please let me know. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Re: 2.2 Eco tec valve cover help
Sunday, August 11, 2013 8:58 AM
Shouldn't need to. Just make sure everything is nice and clean and in place when you set the valve cover back on it and you should be fine.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:02 AM
Also don't lose the gaskets for each spark plug hole. In total there are 5 gaskets. Those 4 for the plugs and the big one around the edge. You should be fine to reuse them.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:11 AM
Do I have to cover up the engine once I get the cover off so nothing gets in my engine? Or will it be fine to just leave it uncovered?
Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:16 AM
I would. It's probably not a big deal but it's just as easy to throw a rag or 2 over it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:23 AM
Go to a junkyard and pick up a spare. That way you can polish it and take your time. Then you can clear coat it and really make it look great. You are going to want to use a good high temp clear coat on it.
Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:52 PM
teal wrote:Go to a junkyard and pick up a spare. That way you can polish it and take your time. Then you can clear coat it and really make it look great. You are going to want to use a good high temp clear coat on it.

X2 about getting a spare

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:45 PM
Got mine for $65 plus shipping. Completely chromed out! Worth it for me.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search