supercharge my cavalier? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
supercharge my cavalier?
Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:52 AM
i just kinda want to make my car somewhat of a sleeper, im really leaning towards supercharge (because of its low end power) from what ive read its better to peice a kit together off ebay or another online site, so does any one know what all i'll need? its confusing reading some peoples answers in their lists some people put more parts than others, a complete list of what i need to supercharge my cavalier would be perfect, including reflash or no reflash, fuel controler or no fuel controller and will cobalt ss injectors work thanks for your help.

Re: supercharge my cavalier?
Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:30 AM
1st, We need to know what engine you have.
2nd, If it is an Ecotec then there is a pretty thorough write-up on this topic in the boost forum

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:06 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:1st, We need to know what engine you have.
2nd, If it is an Ecotec then there is a pretty thorough write-up on this topic in the boost forum

Yes, this.
If the answer to #2 is yes, search for my Ultimate M62 Guide. Everything you need to know is there

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:32 AM
wow, feel like an idiot for not putting ecotec sorry, thanks for the help guys i'll be sure to check it out
Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:20 AM
Still surprised this hasn't become a sticky but here you go.

Ultimate M62 guide
Friday, August 16, 2013 9:32 AM
a sleeper is almost inevitable when boosting a cavalier/sunfire. So thats not even a question. most of the ones that are flashy with kits are all show no go and just (IMO) embarrass the jbody community. keep it simple, sleeper status acheived.
I have a base model 04 2dr that has been supercharged. i ran around with bone stock appearance other than being lowered, and a heat exchanger barely visible in the front. when you pull mustang GTs in a stock looking cavalier, its one of the best feelings lol.

if you want a simple sleeper, keeping power moderate (200-220), very little needs to be done and you can have a really fun daily driver that will still beat most production vehicles around town sub 100 mph. but just be prepared for all (and i mean ALL) of the supporting mods needed and extra costs. focus your planned build around a hp goal, what it takes to get that kind of power out of our motors, and what tuning application you will go with. the biggest hurdle we have with our platforms is tuning options. but if you keep it simple, basic stage 1 sc kit, you can get away with a very simple tune and still have fun. just dont expect big power or plan on doing any upgrades without a proper tune option beyond the GM flash. And as statd, the ultimate guide was written by someone who's got a little bit of experience with sc'd jbodies

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, August 16, 2013 12:48 PM
Yup definitely listen to these guys especially Evil and Tink. There builds are the one I watched and looked to while piecing my kit together (still not there yet but soon) and have tons of knowledge to share. Keep it simple at first and make sure and double sure you have everything before doing the install and still plan to miss some things. Otherwise good luck with your build. Supercharged J's can be pretty fun.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search