A/C & Headers? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A/C & Headers?
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:54 AM
Is it even possible lol.. I have the old 2.2 OHV with a Pacesetter header. Getting tired of not having A/C. Anyone know of a header that isn't in the way of the compressor?

Re: A/C & Headers?
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:07 AM
I never new you had to remove the AC for headers.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:37 AM
where do you put the other header?

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:11 AM
ha ha, should seen that one coming. header(s)..just one.. reason I'm asking is bc I have a ln2 that years ago I rebuilt and bought a pacesetter header for it and it hit the compressor so I took it off... Now with a 2 yr old kid and another on the way I'm looking to buy another one that won't hit the compressor....
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:29 AM
Sure it wasn't an OBX knock off header...I haven't heard of people having to remove the AC with LN2's and pacesetter headers...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:50 AM
yea, im sure it wasn't a knock off... it was a pacesetter that I got from summit racing back in the day. Unless summit has been known for selling knock offs then I am sure >.<
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:57 AM
I've got a Pacesetter on my 2200 LN2 and it's nowhere close to the compressor. The 2.2 isn't much different lol

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:38 AM
I guess me and my car truly are oddities then lol.... I may have to snap a pic to show where it would hit lol, also pics from everyone else would help explain it to me.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:41 AM
I had A/C with my Pacesetter also.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:27 AM
I had my ac when I had that engine as well, was hard to remove the starter tho

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:55 PM
Definitely throw up a pic. I'll try to get one of mine tomorrow...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&t=440054&a=1

Friday, August 23, 2013 11:20 PM
I guess its weird for me that u had a hard time with your starter... that area is wide open for me... but last time.. I guess it may be the order I put things together.. I believe every time I tried putting the compressor on after the header... I will prolly try putting the compressor on first then the header... I might still buy a new header though... The OBX Racing one is a different style header so.... it'll be new Im using a 4-1 the new ones a 4-2-1.... maybe I'll notice a difference...
Sunday, August 06, 2017 11:57 AM
Did anyone have a picture of a header with A/C? My pacesetter header definitely hits and will not allow the compressor to be installed.
Attachments
2017-08-06 14.56.17.jpg (1241k)

Monday, August 07, 2017 7:00 AM
That sucks. I ran an ebay knock-off header for a long long time on my old 2200 and it fit. It was tight but it definitely fit in there. I used header wrap to keep the heat away from the compressor and electrical plug. I also had to use a belt sander to flange to get it flat enough to not leak, but you get what you pay for.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:45 AM
Mine is an OBX 4/2/1 with no issues.
d
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search