Cold air intake running hot? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cold air intake running hot?
Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:57 AM
hey so i bought a cold air intake and after a drive when i pop my hood and touch the pick of the CAI its very warm and im scared the air flowing through that hot pipe might be hotter then stock plastic tube. is it normal for the pipe to be hot after a drive because the temps under the hood are hot and i wouldn't be surprised if the pipe was catching that heat .
should i be worried or no?

this is the CAI i bought http://www.ebay.ca/itm/360510615680?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Re: Cold air intake running hot?
Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:50 AM
That's not a cold air intake, it's a warm air intake. Considering it's made of aluminum, which is a much better conductor than plastic, it will get hotter.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:46 PM
Like James said, it's normal and nothing to worry about.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:12 PM
they make wrappings that will help this.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Friday, August 23, 2013 6:33 AM
I actually used a "piece it together" intake like this and turned it down before the battery between the tranny and the radiator. It was a lot cooler air cuz the tip of that cone will be just about level with the bottom of the tranny or radiator.

To turbocharge, or not to uh, uh..... eh, that last part don't matter.
Friday, August 23, 2013 11:21 AM
ya i realized if i was to slap the cone on the first piece it probably would all fit because there was a space and have it act as a short ram
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search