engine wire harness - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine wire harness
Monday, September 12, 2011 11:11 AM
will a harness out of a 99 sunfire gt work in a 96 sunfire gt if i adapt the knock sensor and use my intake off the 99 and put a block off plate on the emmisions thing cant think of what its called right now

Re: engine wire harness
Monday, September 12, 2011 11:38 AM
Short answer no. Both the 96 and 99s have different engine harnesses.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, September 12, 2011 12:11 PM
really that sucks by looking at all the sensors it seemed the same thanks
Monday, September 12, 2011 4:30 PM
mike, huh??? it will work... he just needs to use all the 99 stuff with ECM and do like he said, block off the egr and change the knock sensor.

hornet, everything is pretty much the same except the ECM is different and has different connections as well as the fuel injector wiring is all part of the harness instead of being a completely serperate harness like the 96.

also, you wont be using the oil level sensor in the oil pan any longer as the 99 has no wiring for it AND dont expect ur gauge cluster to work....

Monday, September 12, 2011 7:50 PM
thanks z but i found a whole 99 z24 that the computer fell out of and he ran it over for 300 bucks he was just gona scrap it the 96 i know of is also the same story computer fell out the 96 has a roll cage and i raced against him and told him to either move it or support it and he said "it will be fine" haha didnt work and the 99 was a streetcar so maybe i will get both and find a wire harness for the 96 and sell the car bc he wants 350 for that and a full race ready car can go for 1500 thanks guys
Monday, September 12, 2011 10:21 PM
my PCM came from ebay, i paid $30 bucks....

btw we have PCMs not ECMs... as our computers have both an ECM and a TCM in it... =P

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:09 AM
What about O2 sensors differences, the high impedance 99 injectors compared to the low impedance 96 injectors, getting pass the passlock may be fun with out the communication protocols that the 99 has.
Isn't the plug for the headlight harness also, completely different?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:27 AM
LOL kyle... ECM, ECU, PCM, TCM, KIG....

engine control module, engine control unit, powertrain control module, transmission control module, KYLE IS GAY... all relative.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:42 PM
hey enforcer this is for a dirt track racecar so the harness is stripped down to the only things needed to run the car i cut 8lbs of wires out of my car but thanks for the help i picked up the 99 z24 and talked to the guy with the 96 and he said if i dont buy it they will just leave it out back of the garage til i do
Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:04 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:What about O2 sensors differences, the high impedance 99 injectors compared to the low impedance 96 injectors, getting pass the passlock may be fun with out the communication protocols that the 99 has.
Isn't the plug for the headlight harness also, completely different?

wrong yeah bud your thinking 2000
99 is the same as 96 except a few plugs but that can be changed injector impedance means nothing if hes using hte 99 PCM and switches to 99 injectors it can be done passlock will not be an issue because again 96 and 99 are the same for that

comunication protacls again are the same

ONLY PROBLEM HE WILL HAVE IS
96 the evaps up front in the right front wheel well in 96
99 its out back

on the main harness plug C100 there will be a white wire i wanna say D3 but might be D7 can't remember thats comes from the Evap in the rear and sends the signal to the PCM you can leave yours where it is aslong as its wired and then connect to that wire to connect it to the PCM

other then that giver

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:34 PM
What do you connect the white wire to on the pcm? There are 2 coming off the 96 plug, one off white and the other is pink.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:41 AM
Will the whole Pcm swap from 99 to a 95 model leaving the harness intact?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search