stage 3 clutch kit "BAHNHOF" off ebay, any one try this? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stage 3 clutch kit "BAHNHOF" off ebay, any one try this?
Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:58 PM

Re: stage 3 clutch kit "BAHNHOF" off ebay, any one try this?
Friday, September 13, 2013 7:31 AM
I have the Banhof Stage 2+ 6puck clutch kit on my supercharged 04 cav. It was pretty cheap as I think they even threw in a flywheel for like $270 shipped. It was supposed to be good up to 280hp.Though it had a lot of chatter in neutral (to be expected with aftermarket clutches), he main issue I had was it still seemed to slip a little. It never failed on me and was a great dd clutch driving around normal, but I was unable to do 2nd gear burnouts or constant power shifting without it slipping. I just don't think it had near the rated power capabilities they claimed. Ill be removing it from the transmission that is sitting in my garage later on today.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:02 PM
well seeing as how i was on budget this season and my original died after power shifting for 30,000km on it i ordered it i only have 150hp in my cav so without the supercharger i think it will slipless when i power shift because it will be running with alot less force then your car
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:56 AM
Yeah...I had 35k miles on mine and i just removed it this weekend to see (the L61 engine is out as the LSJ is going in).
The clutch is TOAST. Down to the rivets...they grooved into the flywheel bad. I really didnt drive it that hard but I know I attempted a few 2nd gear burnouts and it would just slip and Id smell it burning bad.
So it is probably decent for your set up..but for mine, it didnt last very long and Im glad I removed it when i did...it was completely toast.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search