N/A Build - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
N/A Build
Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:59 PM
My situation is that my car has fairly low miles (for the year, 106k) and it is my daily driver. It has a salvaged title due to hail damage, so I wont get much for it when I sell it. Especially since I plan on keeping it a while and keep using it as my daily. So, I am thinking about slowly buying parts to do a rebuild around 150k and then adding some goodies for a N/A build. If I end up going this route, what should I buy beyond basic bolt-ons? Is there a reason to get aftermarket pistons? I do not have a horsepower goal or anything, but I would like it to be a fun car once I am done. I assume a P&P would be helpful? If it helps, my car is a 5-speed. I think I would like to cam it. I am open for all thoughts and suggestions. For now, I do not want to boost.

Re: N/A Build
Sunday, October 06, 2013 12:38 PM
I would just to a intake, header with exhaust, throttle body, motor mounts, and maybe a tune. Leave it be and drive it keeping basic maintenance up.

FU Tuning

Re: N/A Build
Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:23 PM
fun driver?

Short shifter and bolt ons. Port the head and cam it if its a 2200. If its dohc, bolt ons and call it a day.

Suspension is a fun mod too, but its not cheap to do well.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search