Bolt wiggles in Solid Bushings. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bolt wiggles in Solid Bushings.
Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:49 PM
Is this normal for the prothane lower dogbone and ttr solid bushings? Is there a problem and am I using the correct bolts?

Attachments
blob (233k)

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Bolt wiggles in Solid Bushings.
Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:03 PM
That def doesnt look right.

I cant recall if mine were the same though. It seems like something I would notice though installing them.
Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:29 PM
I have the RK Sport dogbone and the tranny mounts with the holes in them. The spacers with those are steel compared to the what looks like aluminum on yours. There will be a bit of play, but what you have looks excessive. And the rear and front mounts have different length bushings as well.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:33 PM
Well I can switch the sleeves if they are reversed. My problem is I am not sure if I have the right bolts but I am almost positive since no others fit. Just seems like the car may clunk a lot.

Friday, October 11, 2013 10:49 AM
I rotated the video to make it easier. So no one had this issue before? Maybe I will wrap the bolts with a plastic tape to take up the slack. I thought about having bolts made but I am not sure if that is worth the cost.

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:16 PM

Id be contacting TTR and seeing whats up.
Friday, October 11, 2013 12:26 PM
I would but I did not buy them from ttr so I doubt they would do anything about it. I bought them from another member, they are practically new.

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:40 PM
Once you install the mount around the bracket on the car, and tighten the bolt, the bushing/pin is squeezed so tight in the bracket, it will not move.

The factory cobalt ones have a 3/4" hole through the bushing with a 12mm bolt (~1/2"). Same thing there... The U bracket on the car squeezes the pin so hard it won't move.

Make sense?

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, October 11, 2013 12:46 PM
Ok, thank you. I just didn't want to hear any clunking. I bought them from another member that had 30 miles on them so I knew it wasn't a problem with them being worn. One thing I did notice is the hole in the shaft is not drilled in the center. It is off a little. I doubt it will cause any problems, just wanted to let you know this for future production since it could be a weak spot in higher HP installations..

Re: Bolt wiggles in Solid Bushings.a
Friday, October 11, 2013 12:52 PM
It is oversized a bit to allow for tolerances. Once pinched in the frame bracket it won't go anywhere. Promised. even if it was another 1/8" bigger in diameter hole, would not have any issues, just like GM did on the cobalt. It is only as strong as the bolt, the bolt if anything is the weak point

Think of it as pinching to hold, as the bracket pinches the pin.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search