Whats it gonna take? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats it gonna take?
Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:20 AM
Just curious what it will take to take an LD9 to the area of high 10's-low 11's?

Re: Whats it gonna take?
Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:34 AM
Fully built Motor for boost and a great driver.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:52 PM
j-bod's usually run those kind of numbers with around 550whp. brandon fetter ran low 11's with a full interior show car basically and made 551whp. car probably weighed 3000 pounds with driver. if you dont care about creature comforts deleting ac, hvac and all non essential components, do lexan windows, cf doors/hood/trunk and have a nice drag wheel set-up i could see one only needing like 450whp to run tens. but like john said, the driver is important, too.

but yea it'd take either a LOT of nitrous and a supercharger or simply a turbo would do it.

the LD9 can take the abuse, its made out of thick, beefy cast iron. long as you do things like forged pistons, stronger rods, arp head and main studs from there its just a matter of getting the air in and out. the crank may be the weak point but ive yet to hear of ANYBODY breaking an LD9 crank due to power. plenty of builds in this place over the past decade that say the LD9 crank is just fine.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:31 PM
Monday, October 28, 2013 4:04 AM
It has been many years since I saw that drag cav.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 28, 2013 1:52 PM
Wow has been a very long time since I saw that car as well. I had wondered where it was.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:27 PM
Not this....but a new post on youtube..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePbrvNFar0
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search