porting intake mani with dremel question + problems - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
porting intake mani with dremel question + problems
Friday, November 22, 2013 1:55 PM
so i took my intake manifold off to port it with a dremel like i saw in a different thread. so heres my problem i ported it but when i was putting it back in, where the vacline connects to the intake that piece broke off. so i put it all back together anyways and ran it. the first run it was idling around 1700rpm and when i hit the gas it had no power it wouldn't go. i took it apart and notice one of the @!#$ty rubber band gasket knockoffs was wet in a bit of oil and there was some oil on the inner wall of the intake not much.
so i cleaned it put a little spacer under all the rubber bands to make them stick out a little more. put it together this time it still sounded rough but it was idling at around 1300rpm and when i gave it gas it worked. roared with alot more power by the sound but alot of smoke was being expelled from the exhaust though and the exhaust smoke smelt weird too. im guessing one of the gasket thingys might be leaking a little again.

my question is is this happening because the vac line isnt connected or just cuz the gaskets are @!#$ty?. and if there any other way to reconnect the vac line instead of getting a new manifold
Attachments
IMG_6391.JPG (187k)

Re: porting intake mani with dremel question + problems
Friday, November 22, 2013 4:50 PM
So you have a open hole on your intake manifold?

That is your problem.

FU Tuning

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:58 PM
ya i held the hose plugged to the hole and the idle went to normal almost instantly and all seemed good, still there was alot of smoke coming out the back but i feel like thats left over oil getting burnt. probably would go away after 5 min. like the when i had the car sitting for a year then changed the oil and turned it on it smoked hardcore for like 10 min and went normal.
im gonna get a new manifold tomorrow and re-port it and this week im gonna get put pacesetter headers and exhaust kit+hiflo cat and get it dyno'd
Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:11 AM
i might actually have a spare stock if you cant find one...

Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:46 PM
already got one and slapped it on. i redid the work on it. the and the car works fine now. the idle is about 1000rpm now it use to be around 900. i noticed a slight bit more pick up . because it use to pull at full around 3000 rpm now i feel like it starts at like 2700rpm. i also hear my intake pulling a little more air at idle and before i would have to floor the peddle at idle to hear the intake now when i push the peddle about half way i can hear it already working. theirs defiantly a difference but i cant give you the exact number.

one issue i seemed to have, happened once when i was going into a turn and i pushed in the clutch instead of the rpm stopping at 900 it just went all the way down and stalled the car. this happened a few times before i did the mod but very rarely. dont know if it was just a coincidence or if this might happened more often now, ill find out after a few more drives
Attachments
IMG_6393.JPG (199k)

Sunday, November 24, 2013 7:15 AM
Your idling dropping down to a stall when engaging the clutch sounds like a bad IAC.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search