Exhaust second o2 sensor ? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust second o2 sensor ?
Saturday, February 01, 2014 5:24 PM
Hi I have searched the forms but couldn't find an answer, I am putting a pace setter header and high flow cat and cat back my question is what do I do about the second o2 sensor behind the cat? Do I cut and use the original pipe or make a new one and weld in a nut to thread the o2 sensor into or can I buy a 2.25 pipe with o2 sensor thread in it . I don't want to use the original pipe because I am putting all 2.25 piping your help would be appreciated thanks.

Re: Exhaust second o2 sensor ?
Saturday, February 01, 2014 6:57 PM
Most muffler shops will weld that bung on for like $10.
Saturday, February 01, 2014 6:58 PM
Drill a hole and weld in an O2 bung behind the catalytic converter.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, February 06, 2014 1:07 AM
Thx for the help.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:26 PM
get a little jpipe, its a little piece of j shaped pipe that the o2 sensor screws into and then the end of it gets welded to the 2.25' pipe and you have to cut a hole for it too
Friday, February 28, 2014 8:46 PM
arthur Pietrzak wrote:get a little jpipe, its a little piece of j shaped pipe that the o2 sensor screws into and then the end of it gets welded to the 2.25' pipe and you have to cut a hole for it too

What?

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 12:41 PM
arthur Pietrzak wrote:get a little jpipe, its a little piece of j shaped pipe that the o2 sensor screws into and then the end of it gets welded to the 2.25' pipe and you have to cut a hole for it too

Thanks for the help I am not sure what you mean by j pipe? Another quick question are all O2 bungs the same thread ?
Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:02 PM
Should be.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 5:40 AM
When i built my 3in exhaust. I just cut the bung it self out of my old exhaust and welded it to my new

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, April 03, 2014 4:02 PM
cody nobbs wrote:When i built my 3in exhaust. I just cut the bung it self out of my old exhaust and welded it to my new

Ok ill just do that thanks for the help.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search