03 sunfire how to - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 sunfire how to
Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:23 PM
Hi everyone I have a 2003 ecotech sunfire. I was looking into trying to upgrade it performance wise. One thing people on here say alot is to get a cpu tune or something of the sort. What is that? Also where can I get it done. I saw a volo chip on ebay. What does it do? Right now I have a air intake and an exhaust sytem with one of the cats deleted. Besides these two things it is stock. The governor really pissis me off I would like to get that removed as well.

Re: 03 sunfire how to
Wednesday, April 09, 2014 3:48 PM
This is my sunfire now. As you can see iv done ALOT of things to make it look nice. Including raceing rims and a mini scorpion wing and louverd hood. Wich Is why I want to start makeing it faster to even up the bite with the bark
Attachments
20140409_164414-1.jpg (1706k)

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:36 PM
Not sure if troll?

If not, you can borrow my "flame suit" You are going to need it.
Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:08 PM
If youre not going to answer my questions or offer advice then shut the hell up and get out of here.
Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:14 PM
That's not a very good way to get help on this site. Best of luck
Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:25 AM
Legarda, please be a gentleman.

Bottom line, you've done all that you can do.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:47 AM
That cant possibly be all I can do to it..
Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:34 PM
If you're asking what a tune is and where you can get one, Mark's response is pretty accurate. Doing a quick Google search would give you the answer to that question.

Your car is completely stock short of appearance mods. A tune isn't going to do anything for you. A chip isn't going to do anything for you (Google that). You need to do some actual performance mods before you can get into computer mods.

You are going to have a rough time here if you act like we all owe you something. People here will help but you need to do some basic research on your own.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:15 PM
And what are some real mods? I have no clue wich is why im asking you guys that actually know. I know about rods and injectors but arent those only if youre going to go turbo? And im not being rude. I only said that to that one guy because he commented something rude first. Why comment something rude and off topic. Mituswell not comment at all.
Friday, April 11, 2014 3:53 AM
Your best bet for mods on these cars are boost. Supercharged with the GM Kit or Cobalt parts, or turbo. You will spend 2-3k minimum. Turbo? Sky is the limit. There are no high gain motor mods that are not FI.

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:15 PM
yea i did some reading and i think ima go with the saab td04 turbo setup. can cobalt ss injectors fit in a sunfire?

Saturday, April 12, 2014 6:39 PM
Do some more reading Click HERE
and also utilize the search function to prevent yourself from possibly being offended by someone cause you think they are being rude have a good day

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:51 AM
And idk what you mean by reading up so I dont get offended. Is there some weird little thing that you all have that I dont know about? Lol Because if you do then you shoulf fill me in on it so I dont get offended in the future.
Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:20 AM
He means that the questions your asking has been answered a million times so you're going to irritate people cause you seem like you have no clue what you're doing and have put no thought into anything and just want everyone to tell you exactly what to do to "make your car fast". Usually types like that do t have any money to spend too so they want you to explain how they can get power that requires well over $1000 for 2-300 bucks and won't take no for an answer.

I haven't been here long at all but you'll learn 3 things
1. respect goes a long way e.g. Don't respond with anything like what you did in post #4 to people. Most of these guys have a lot of experience with what they're talking about.
2. Search often you can probably find what you're looking for but don't revive crazy old threads if you need something specific or none of the answers are working then post.
3 research off site as well

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Sunday, April 13, 2014 6:54 PM
Well iv put well over 1000 bucks in exterior visual mods so I wouldnt exactly say im "cheap" or whatever. And also im not a complete noob I know alot about j-bodys and other cars seeing as how I grew up around a family of mechanics. Also as I stated in a above post that im going to go with the saab setup since iv read around that its reliable and wont mess up youre engine. But thanks for youre opinion.
Monday, April 14, 2014 4:54 AM
The saab setup is a easy boost, but you will always want more and everything has its limitations. It wont mess up your engine IF you get a tune for it when you put it on, and have everything installed correctly with a good set of clean injectors. Here is my setup, its a N/A build, but it works.

MODIFICATIONS

Engine:

AEM CAI
Polished valve cover. fuel rail. and A/C lines
Lower & upper motor mount
Eagle rods
Wiesco pistons
Balance shaft delete
Stage 3 cams
Under drive pulley (polished)
Valve springs
Port and polished head
4-2-1 header
Dual magnaflow exhaust
Polly transmission mounts
Toyota cavalier knobs and fuse box cover
Carbon fiber radiator cover. brake resavaur cover. and master cylinder
Fidanza/RKsport aluminum flywheel
Spec stage 3 clutch.

Monday, April 14, 2014 6:37 AM
Alan Legarda wrote:Well iv put well over 1000 bucks in exterior visual mods so I wouldnt exactly say im "cheap" or whatever. And also im not a complete noob I know alot about j-bodys and other cars seeing as how I grew up around a family of mechanics. Also as I stated in a above post that im going to go with the saab setup since iv read around that its reliable and wont mess up youre engine. But thanks for youre opinion.

For a super complete kit buy my friends kit on here. Its going to be the most complete saab kit you will find on here. http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/61780/
Monday, April 14, 2014 3:34 PM
Alan Legarda wrote:Well iv put well over 1000 bucks in exterior visual mods so I wouldnt exactly say im "cheap" or whatever. And also im not a complete noob I know alot about j-bodys and other cars seeing as how I grew up around a family of mechanics. Also as I stated in a above post that im going to go with the saab setup since iv read around that its reliable and wont mess up youre engine. But thanks for youre opinion.

Judging by your first post i would highly disagree with your opinion that you are a noob and know nothing about j-bodys except how to install a few LED lights and some household floor vents as hood vents. I am not trying to be a douche just being a realist and letting you know that you need to do some more research that's what the sticky's are for.

now what are your goals for the car?
are you wanting a fun DD or do you plan on attacking the 1/4 mile a lot?
what power would you like to see?
what kind of budget are you working with?

I have no problems helping but I won't do everything for you which is why i said research first and if you don't understand something PM me or post here and i will help. Also fill out your profile. Oh and it's not ecotech it's ecotec.

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:37 AM
Alan Legarda wrote:...The governor really pissis me off I would like to get that removed as well.
You have no reason to remove this. If it's pissing you off right now, you're driving like an idiot, and no one here is going to help you make your car faster to do so.
Alan Legarda wrote:If youre not going to answer my questions or offer advice then shut the hell up and get out of here.
Kindly heed others advice, or your own.

If you'll slow down a little bit here, search, and listen to what people have to say, you'll enjoy your car. If you just want to make it faster to be a punk, don't expect much support.

And lastly...
Alan Legarda wrote:And also im not a complete noob I know alot about j-bodys and other cars...
Yes you are. Your first post clearly spells out that you don't know what you're doing.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:22 AM
you are all dickson here. for anyone who is reading this. do what i did and ask for help on the facebook jbody group. they actuallyhelp not like these @!#$n assholes
Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:24 AM
and thanks for those that actually helped me. youre info helped me alot and i really appreciate it. i screen shoted the info you gave me and i even have most the parts already. so thank you very very much

Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:28 AM
Alex Meyers wrote:The saab setup is a easy boost, but you will always want more and everything has its limitations. It wont mess up your engine IF you get a tune for it when you put it on, and have everything installed correctly with a good set of clean injectors. Here is my setup, its a N/A build, but it works.

MODIFICATIONS

Engine:

AEM CAI
Polished valve cover. fuel rail. and A/C lines
Lower & upper motor mount
Eagle rods
Wiesco pistons
Balance shaft delete
Stage 3 cams
Under drive pulley (polished)
Valve springs
Port and polished head
4-2-1 header
Dual magnaflow exhaust
Polly transmission mounts
Toyota cavalier knobs and fuse box cover
Carbon fiber radiator cover. brake resavaur cover. and master cylinder
Fidanza/RKsport aluminum flywheel
Spec stage 3 clutch.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:34 AM
Thanks Alex the post gave me the best over view. i have right now the rods, manifold, a few lines and motor mounts. Last pay check i completely upgraded the brakeing system and suspension system as i felt that came first. Also thanks for actually helping and not putting some duchbag remark in you're post like most these other dick heads. Thats all the help i need. No idea how to close the forumn so ill just leave it at that.
Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:51 AM
Alan Legarda wrote:Thanks Alex the post gave me the best over view. i have right now the rods, manifold, a few lines and motor mounts. Last pay check i completely upgraded the brakeing system and suspension system as i felt that came first. Also thanks for actually helping and not putting some duchbag remark in you're post like most these other dick heads. Thats all the help i need. No idea how to close the forumn so ill just leave it at that.

You must make a ton of money if you "completely upgraded the brakeing system and suspension system". Suspension upgrade alobe is over $1000 between struts, springs, sway bars, bushings, mounts and strut bars. Not to mention the cost of an upgraded braking system. Even high quality pads and rotors for the front are a couple hundred.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:56 AM
Alan Legarda wrote:you are all dickson here. for anyone who is reading this. do what i did and ask for help on the facebook jbody group. they actuallyhelp not like these @!#$n assholes
Hey dipshit, you come on here with an immediate attitude because no one just spoon fed you what you originally asked for, which was "a cheap way to make my car fast". NEWS FLASH: IT DOESN'T EXIST. You're a bullheaded punk that doesn't want to bother listening to good advice. What did you really expect was going to happen under these circumstances? Is this your first time on a forum?

If your last paycheck was big enough to upgrade your brakes and suspension (REAL upgrades, not just some ebay "performance" pads and rotors, and shitty lowering springs), then another two paychecks should be able to get you a nice turbo or supercharger system, plus a tune. If you make that kind of cash, you don't need us, right? I mean, you've got guys on here that have been modding these cars since you were in diapers, they wouldn't possibly be telling you something you don't know, so if you didn't get the answer you wanted, they must just be assholes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search