98 Cavalier 2200 Dirt track fuel? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Cavalier 2200 Dirt track fuel?
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:04 PM
Hey guys, i am fairly new to jbody. I currently race a 98 2200 5 speed cavalier. I have the head shaved .040 thou, bored out manifold, throttle body bored to 61mm, and a air intake chip that lets me dump the fuel into the engine. I am also running a cold air intake. All last year i ran straight up 107 race fuel with the NOS off road additive with methane in it. i know this is pretty ridiculous but it did the job really well. I was curious to know what you guys run and how it works for you, Im kind of tired of blowing 60 bucks on gas a weekend to race and i know thats a pretty insane octane number for all stock internals.

Re: 98 Cavalier 2200 Dirt track fuel?
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:55 AM
Yeah, you're wasting money. The IAT mod is useless and the additive is useless. You don't need to run anything higher than 87, 89 if you want to say you're running something higher.

Re: 98 Cavalier 2200 Dirt track fuel?
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:16 PM
James Cahill wrote:Yeah, you're wasting money. The IAT mod is useless and the additive is useless. You don't need to run anything higher than 87, 89 if you want to say you're running something higher.
I know the IAT mod is useless but when we took the head off the engine, the pistons were white so we figured we should dump a little more fuel in there. and it was cheap so it was worth a try. and the thing is about the fuel we ran, we were pretty convinced that i am doing so good against the DOHC modded out cars because of the fuel and the additive. but who knows. i know im the not expert with the fuel.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search