Project V8 Z24 - Update - Page 6 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 19, 2013 5:18 AM
Nicely done man.






Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 19, 2013 6:00 AM
Wow I'm floored. I have to see this car sometime. I'd love to see the guys face you smoke with this car.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 19, 2013 6:50 AM
Yeah I was just joshing with ya about the 'racecar' bit, as stated, its kind of a mockery of the ricers or anyone modding something, usually not for actual functionality or performance gain.
Those wheels are going to look sick on that build with that color body. Its almost like the SS Cobalts, those flat 5 spokes are the best wheel. Though being RWD that car would look beast with some deep dish wheels staggered like a set of Torque Thrusts II's (black/polished lip).


** go to Google Images and type 'Because racecar'...you'll see what I mean. Kinda funny lol


04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 19, 2013 6:54 AM






"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 19, 2013 8:45 AM
The car looks fantastic. It's coming together nicely, and I love how factory it's looking on the outside.
Mikey G wrote:

Yes Tony, those are the rims. I never looked top see what the width are on them. From the photo you've shown, they look a bit narrow. The Nissan rims I have now are 8.5" wide. and work pretty good. You know someone who has them?
FYI, forget about those rims. They are only 6.5" wide. The newer LTZ ones (split five-spokes) are 7" wide, but you'd still be losing a lot of width from your current wheels. You're better off staying with what you've got.





Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 19, 2013 4:30 PM
Thanks for all the comments Guys,

Quote:

I'm not 100% sure this is the correct part number, but maybe somebody can chime in and confirm: 22658182 - RETAINER

Spoke with my local GM dealer. Yes, PN 22658181 is good. $2.32 ea - packages of 8. I was expecting another 0 at the end of the price... They will arrive tomorrow.
Thanks Tony.

Quote:

The car looks fantastic. It's coming together nicely, and I love how factory it's looking on the outside.

Mikey G wrote:

Yes Tony, those are the rims. I never looked top see what the width are on them. From the photo you've shown, they look a bit narrow. The Nissan rims I have now are 8.5" wide. and work pretty good. You know someone who has them?
FYI, forget about those rims. They are only 6.5" wide. The newer LTZ ones (split five-spokes) are 7" wide, but you'd still be losing a lot of width from your current wheels. You're better off staying with what you've got.


If they're not wider that 6.5 or 7" - screw that noise.

Thanks for the heads up

Cheers



Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 19, 2013 8:18 PM
surely the impala ss shares the same staggard fitment that the gxp grand prix does? front rims are wider than the rears... flip em around.



RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:57 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

surely the impala ss shares the same staggard fitment that the gxp grand prix does? front rims are wider than the rears... flip em around.
Not the ones pictured on the LTZ ones. They're all the same.

I haven't seen the staggered GXP ones you mention. I'm familiar with the LTZ ones because I had been thinking about putting them on my Cav.






Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:49 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

surely the impala ss shares the same staggard fitment that the gxp grand prix does? front rims are wider than the rears... flip em around.
Not the ones pictured on the LTZ ones. They're all the same.

I haven't seen the staggered GXP ones you mention. I'm familiar with the LTZ ones because I had been thinking about putting them on my Cav.


yep at least the GXP has different width rims. Factory offset for front is 40 and rear is 55. Front wheel is a 18x8 and rear is a 18x7.5.

like i said, you'd think the impala ss would too. hell maybe even the bonneville gxp does who knows...



RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:00 AM
Must have been a Pontiac thing. I just don't know why they wouldn't have gone 8" all the way around.





Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:46 PM
Hello All,
was able to get some more things done today

Rear brakes, hoses, sway bar, fender well details


This is what the rear wheel fitment looks like. Wheels will get a bit darker as I will have them re done in gun metal





As the front marker lights, I painted a black trim arount the parameter of the third brake light



Gas cap and door are 100% stock


This is truly the best part of the build, assembly. Hope you enjoy




Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:14 PM
hahaha i love the rear stance. cant even tell its RWD.



RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 2:23 AM
gtpsunfire Online
Love it man



Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 5:36 AM
Sweet.





Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 6:55 AM
Coming along real nice.

Thanks for the updates - best way to start off a week!

Factory Chevrolet Z24 V8 option - only available in Canada!





Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 6:57 AM
Tony Ellis wrote:



Factory Chevrolet Z24 V8 option - only available in Canada!


Hahaha that's funny, because most of the V8 builds are actually us crazy canadians.

Your build is coming along nicely though! It looks great
I can't wait for mine to get painted so I can hit the assembly stage
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 12:32 PM
that looks so awesome and with darker wheels those are going to be perfect!
this is just going to look and sound so unique...cant wait to see the final product on video!


04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 1:25 PM
Thanks Guys,
I was originall considering to go with no badges. Now that the car is painted, It seems a bit suspecious that there is none. I am now thinking of installing the following red badges. (less the crome "Cavalier") What do you think?





Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 2:58 PM
Get the side moldings with the embossed Z24 in them and color match them to your car. Would look sweet.





Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Monday, August 26, 2013 4:30 PM
Love the idea Tony, but at GM, those side moldings are about $200 for the 4 pcs + painting.
Unless someone out there has a set in good shape for cheap?
Hey, there're some on your car Tony, how much you want for them?



Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:41 AM
Mikey G wrote:

Thanks Guys,
I was originall considering to go with no badges. Now that the car is painted, It seems a bit suspecious that there is none. I am now thinking of installing the following red badges. (less the crome "Cavalier") What do you think?

How about painting the Cavalier logo body color?

I like the 00-02 Z24 logo with the CF Z.
Maybe the little GM fender badge, too.

I wouldn't put side moldings on.






Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:43 PM
Tony Ellis wrote:

Get the side moldings with the embossed Z24 in them and color match them to your car. Would look sweet.


oh god, definitely go with this man's advice. that would look so much better. AND match the z24 body kit you are running. ive never been a fan of emblems that protrude off the body like the 2000 up style z24's do. the embossed side moldings look so much cleaner. plus, it breaks up the huge flat plane these cars have on the sides. i fully regret removing my side moldings and will absolutely never do it again to any of my other cavaliers.

i like your style, NOS moldings would be nice, yea but they are so easy to find in junkyards that it wouldnt be very cost effective to go with brand new ones. i totally feel the want to start fresh though. if you dont take your time removing them off the stock car they get damaged pretty easily. plus then you gotta sand em all out and prep for paint whereas brand new ones you just lay on the table and spray.



RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:00 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

Tony Ellis wrote:

Get the side moldings with the embossed Z24 in them and color match them to your car. Would look sweet.


oh god, definitely go with this man's advice. that would look so much better. AND match the z24 body kit you are running. ive never been a fan of emblems that protrude off the body like the 2000 up style z24's do. the embossed side moldings look so much cleaner. plus, it breaks up the huge flat plane these cars have on the sides. i fully regret removing my side moldings and will absolutely never do it again to any of my other cavaliers.

i like your style, NOS moldings would be nice, yea but they are so easy to find in junkyards that it wouldnt be very cost effective to go with brand new ones. i totally feel the want to start fresh though. if you dont take your time removing them off the stock car they get damaged pretty easily. plus then you gotta sand em all out and prep for paint whereas brand new ones you just lay on the table and spray.


Those side moldings are fugly!!! It would mess up the amazing looks of this car.



Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:08 PM
hahaha well i dont have proof but my opinion trumps your opinion.



RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re: Project V8 Z24 - Update
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:15 PM
Mikey G wrote:

Love the idea Tony, but at GM, those side moldings are about $200 for the 4 pcs + painting.
Unless someone out there has a set in good shape for cheap?
Hey, there're some on your car Tony, how much you want for them?


Zoiks! 200 bones is a chunk for those . . . need to find some used in good shape.

The ones on my '98 are in pretty good shape considering the age . . . but there are a couple of damaged spots that would need to be addressed.

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

Tony Ellis wrote:

Get the side moldings with the embossed Z24 in them and color match them to your car. Would look sweet.


oh god, definitely go with this man's advice. that would look so much better. AND match the z24 body kit you are running. ive never been a fan of emblems that protrude off the body like the 2000 up style z24's do. the embossed side moldings look so much cleaner. plus, it breaks up the huge flat plane these cars have on the sides. i fully regret removing my side moldings and will absolutely never do it again to any of my other cavaliers.

i like your style, NOS moldings would be nice, yea but they are so easy to find in junkyards that it wouldnt be very cost effective to go with brand new ones. i totally feel the want to start fresh though. if you dont take your time removing them off the stock car they get damaged pretty easily. plus then you gotta sand em all out and prep for paint whereas brand new ones you just lay on the table and spray.


Listen to this guy - he knows what he's saying!


My vote is for:
side moldings w/embossed Z24 color matched
hood bowtie black
trunk bowtie black

Done!





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search