2.4 exhaust manifold on 2200?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 exhaust manifold on 2200??
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:19 AM
So I have a oval track race cavalier and I've been looking for anything I can do to increase the power of my engine without needing crazy cash to do it. Anybody try it? Any pros or cons if it even works? I want your guy's input!

Re: 2.4 exhaust manifold on 2200??
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:30 PM
2.4 manifolds and parts will not fit at all on the 2200. Different motors.

For the 2200 to make some power: roller rockers, porting the head, header (if your rules allow), 56mm tb etc. I've been toying with the idea of trying a built up n/a 2200 but i dont have the money to spend on parts that will probably just end in disappointment lol.

There isnt a whole lot there for the 2200 thats readily available like for the dohc motors.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:48 AM

Alright thanks. As of right now I have the head shaved, I made a custom throttle body that's 67mm,have a solid motor mount and I have a AIT chip. I know people dont like them but the car ran like @!#$ with the stock sensor with the throttle body so we need it. Car says -2c outside. And it snaps up quick and all. Even against the modddd out cars around the track, mine still dominates surprisingly!

Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:50 AM
Oh yeah, its a 98 by the way too.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search