Shift Light Help......... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shift Light Help.........
Sunday, October 10, 2004 7:54 PM
Ok, I know that there is probably another post that talked about this but I cant find it and I searched every area........... but all i need is to know the exact wires that will work for the three wires very quickly for a shift light in a 97 cavalier Z24. I have tried many wires that other people told me and nothing worked. I just bought the light cause i have a factory tach already and just wanted to know when to shift. So if someone could just help me out and not tell me that that there are already posts. That would be so helpful.......

Re: Shift Light Help.........
Monday, October 11, 2004 7:16 AM
For your tach signal you need the pink wire that goes into the IDI cover.. Then just hook your power up to a ignition power, and then get a good ground. <br>

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:17 PM
Ahhh I love the search function...

Would I be correct in assuming a 2001 Z24 (2.4L) has this same pink wire going into the IDI cover?

I know it's JUST a Cavalier, and I'm sorry if I hurt your ego.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:42 PM
z24challenge wrote:Ahhh I love the search function...

Would I be correct in assuming a 2001 Z24 (2.4L) has this same pink wire going into the IDI cover?

Yes, that is what mine is hooked up to and it is a 2001.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:19 PM
John Higgins wrote:
z24challenge wrote:Ahhh I love the search function...

Yes, that is what mine is hooked up to and it is a 2001.

Cool, thanks bro, I was just outside taking a look, and the white/pink wire (It's dark out and hard to see with a lighter as light) was the closest to the front bumper, then there were like 5 more wires or so....

Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:33 AM
I will see if I can get a nice pitcture for you this afternoon.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:16 AM
That would be great man, thanks!

Friday, July 25, 2008 3:09 PM
Bringing back an old old post...
Anyone know if you can install a shift light on an ecotec with this same pink wire? I would love my light to come on before my rev limit, say around 6k or so...
help?

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:17 AM
i don't see why not there both ignition positive and the go to the IGN MOD fuse

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:24 PM
im trying to hook up a shift light in my 97 cavy 2.4 my shift light has 3 wires red, black,green where does the green go i cant get anything on it ive tried every where need help so i can finish the interior of my car
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:37 PM
Im not sure if its the same for the light as it is for a tach, but on tachs its green for tach signal feed,black for ground and red for power. Tach also has a white for the dimmer but you wont have that. Hope that helps, like i said not sure if its the same as a tach but if you got some free time to kill give it a shot cant hert.

I Love My J ♡

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search