Short Shifters - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Short Shifters
Monday, July 07, 2014 4:23 PM
Are short shifters universal? Your text to link here... Would this work for my 2005 sunfire? Or this Your text to link here... or woud this fit my 05? Or would it be trash? Your text to link here... Or Your text to link here... I've tried to find info on them but I can't find any info for the ones people use. I don't want to buy a part that doesn't work with my car. Worst thing ever is taking everything apart just to find out you have to put it back together. So.. Any advice? I put it here instead of in transmissions because I figured I would get more info here. Thanks for the help!

Re: Short Shifters
Friday, July 11, 2014 11:12 AM
no, not all short throw shifters are universal. you would need to find the 2-3 that are made specifically for your motor/transmission combo. do you have an ecotec motor w/ the manual transmission? your best bet would be to search in the transmission section.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:18 AM
Yeah I have the ecotec. Thanks for replying. I'll try to post there.
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 9:09 AM
Cosmo Racing makes one for the 05 sunfire. It was about $90 shipped. Shifter was well made and the knob was very well weighed. I had to grab a knife and I had to do some shaving to the shifter assembly around where the shifter rests to provide a better and smoother flow for side to side. Reduced throw about 40%.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search