Fastest/Most HP 4 cylinder possible? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fastest/Most HP 4 cylinder possible?
Sunday, August 17, 2014 11:08 AM
I have an 02 Cavalier that I want to literally make as fast as it can be. I've owned several Cavaliers and they've always been reliable but I want to make this one as fast as it can go. It's already got $4,000 in the body kit and interior so I want the motor to match the car. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'd like to not break the bank but I want this car to be FAST. It's a manual and has the 2.2 in it right now. I like turbos more then superchargers but whichever gives me the most speed.

Re: Fastest/Most HP 4 cylinder possible?
Sunday, August 17, 2014 11:49 AM
Cavaliers are slow.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:45 PM
GM made over 1000hp out of their ecotec drag cars. That is not going to ever happen with a privately owned cavalier.

Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:15 PM
Breaking the bank and being fast in a J are synonymous anyhow.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:45 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:GM made over 1000hp out of their ecotec drag cars. That is not going to ever happen with a privately owned cavalier.

completely untrue.

Too make it the fastest possible would require spending alot of money. Sounds like money you do not have or want to spend. I would say just drop the notion and drive the car.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 17, 2014 4:56 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:GM made over 1000hp out of their ecotec drag cars. That is not going to ever happen with a privately owned cavalier.

completely untrue.

Too make it the fastest possible would require spending alot of money. Sounds like money you do not have or want to spend. I would say just drop the notion and drive the car.

If anyone is going to hit 1000 its gonna be Fetter

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:05 PM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

completely untrue.

If anyone is going to hit 1000 its gonna be Fetter

True. Point I was making is 1400hp can be done in a street car if you have the time and money.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:32 PM
I think I could of with a different turbo if I wouldn't of been a girl and parted the car out lol

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, August 17, 2014 7:32 PM
I missed this place.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:15 AM
Tony Jones wrote:I'd like to not break the bank but...
LOL. This statement is contradictory to your thread title.

The fastest/most HP possible, regardless of the engine platform, is going to be the most expensive.

On to the suggestons...

You didn't say WHICH 2.2 you have. Since it's an 02, it's possible you have an Eco, however it's more likely that you have a 2200. If you have the 2200, and want to stick with the 4 cylinder, I would start with an Eco swap, and build around that. If you've already got the Eco, start researching around here on Eco builds. There is a lot of info you can start with. Turbo is definitely the way to go, and there are plenty of options.

That being said, if you have the 2200 engine, and a 5-speed, my personal recommendation would be to V6 swap it. If you check out the 3rd gen forum, there's a sticky with a lot of info. A 3400 in your car would imediately have a lot more HP and torque than you have now, and can very easily be bumped up into the mid 200's and higher reliably. Since you have an 02 with a manual transmission, it's the perfect candidate (assuming you have the 2200 currently), because you wouldn't have to change transmission, and all of your gauges will work correctly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search