2200ohv head work? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200ohv head work?
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:49 AM
99 2200 ohv: what all should be done? i wanna get better flow. how much would a performance gain would i get from Bowl blending, 3Angle valve job, and porting the intake exhaust runners? stock valve train.

CAI
headerback exhaust 2.25
the head work stated above
HPT ; airfuel ratios, advance timing, bumping revlimiter ^500rpms(3spd)

what gains could i expect with that being said and done?

i want more umpth from stock. also would like more topend.

maybe a cam regrind for mid to top end performnce in the near future

Re: 2200ohv head work?
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:57 AM
If you're pulling the head I would recommend a cam at the same time.

I had full bolt ons without a cam and a ported head and it was still a dog.

If you want more rpm, swap the valve springs. They're cheap enough. I would also recommend valve spring upgrade too. You might need it with the stiffer rate springs anyhow. It was like $20 to do it with ls6 springs I bought. I run those and a set of comp springs and it spins to 7 without any issue (so far).

Don't expect a lot especially with the 3 speed.

If you're looking for oomph and too. To grow I honeslty would recommend a turbo setup, but that's personal experience for me.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:14 PM
As far as the 3spd goes ive been searching but cant not find any thread pertaining to it. Id like to run shorter gearing more acceleration. Like a higher FDR if im not mistakening i seen a thread by MADJACK saying that the 3spd FDR was 3.18. Id like to have something near 3.33-3.73 or something that would help the acceration. But idk what exactly id have to change or where id find the parts(which vehical) at.

I plan on running boost down the road(1yr or so) or maybe putting a 50shot on
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:25 PM
Brandon C wrote:As far as the 3spd goes ive been searching but cant not find any thread pertaining to it. Id like to run shorter gearing more acceleration. Like a higher FDR if im not mistakening i seen a thread by MADJACK saying that the 3spd FDR was 3.18. Id like to have something near 3.33-3.73 or something that would help the acceration. But idk what exactly id have to change or where id find the parts(which vehical) at.

I plan on running boost down the road(1yr or so) or maybe putting a 50shot on

2.84FDR or 3.18 one of those numbers in stock form

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:39 PM
you *could* run smaller tires to help that. lol.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, August 22, 2014 5:04 PM
It's all in the head hitting your min csa (83 for a street car and making that short side radius rolled back nice almost a mirror of the port roof. Almost forgot the chamber work has to be done as well! Getting air around the valve is key. Check out the headbytes channel on YouTube you can learn a lot if you pay close attention.

see ya!

Monday, August 25, 2014 5:31 AM
If you do the head, do the cam, springs, and rocker upgrade. Match this to a mild exhaust, and it should wake up the motor quite a bit.

The only problem I see with doing work to the combustion chamber if you're leaving the block alone, is that you'll lose some compression, depending on how much work you do. This is fine if you plan on turbo, but for an NA engine, this will lose a little power (you'll still see gains from the other mods, but I like to keep as much compression as possible on an NA motor)

Monday, August 25, 2014 5:31 PM
Flow vs compression Humm I will take more flow first with less sharp edges in the combustion chamber. Then the engine Will Take more timing than it normally would.

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search