What should I do first cai or exhaust? (If repost just delete) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What should I do first cai or exhaust? (If repost just delete)
Friday, September 19, 2014 2:00 PM
First off if someone has already asked this just delete it I can't use the search tool on my phone for some reason lol any way I got my 05 sunfire last month and I want to build a budget daily driver/weekend warrior so which would be the better first upgrade? Cai or exhaust system? Or is there something better?

Re: What should I do first cai or exhaust? (If repost just delete)
Friday, September 19, 2014 7:56 PM
intake is cheaper and easier to install. I'd go that route first, look on ebay for cheap intake, just use the pipe, the filters are usually garbage. then buy a AEM or K&N filter.
Should be able to use search from phone, I can....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Saturday, September 20, 2014 8:23 AM
Rick wrote:intake is cheaper and easier to install. I'd go that route first, look on ebay for cheap intake, just use the pipe, the filters are usually garbage. then buy a AEM or K&N filter.
Should be able to use search from phone, I can....
ok sweet thanks bro
Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:44 AM
Just start with aem cold air intake will give you what you want a nice growl at open throttle and a more ballsy launch ,I WOULNT DO EXHAUST UNLESS YOU GET BOOST! Otherwise you will end up losing low end torque whiich is nice to have if you want to beat that annoying little honda to the next red light!

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, September 26, 2014 9:49 AM
BLACK MANTIS wrote:Just start with aem cold air intake will give you what you want a nice growl at open throttle and a more ballsy launch ,I WOULNT DO EXHAUST UNLESS YOU GET BOOST! Otherwise you will end up losing low end torque whiich is nice to have if you want to beat that annoying little honda to the next red light!
oh awesome thanks
Friday, September 26, 2014 2:39 PM
I wouldn't necessarily agree with what Black Mantis said. I had a full 2.5" exhaust on for ~6-8 months before I installed my blower and if it lost power, it was a negligible amount. That was with a short ram intake and some tuning, and it felt pretty peppy for being lightly modded.

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 8:49 PM
I WOULDN`T NECESSARILY AGREE WITH A GUY WHO DRIVES A YELLOW CAR! hihihi...

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search