programmer - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
programmer
Sunday, February 08, 2015 7:41 PM
Got a 2001 cavalier 2.2l but wanted to know if anyone has used a programmer http://www.tdotperformance.ca/vehicle/2001/chevrolet/cavalier/performance-chips heres the link for them ive read they boost performance and help fuel mileage but also heard only save on fuel i want to know if anyone used one and would use one again

Re: programmer
Sunday, February 08, 2015 7:53 PM
Worthless.

Sunday, February 08, 2015 9:01 PM
Have you used or tried one and is there anything around 300-500 can do for performance
Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:12 PM
HP Tuners is the only thing that works to tune our stock PCM/ECUs.

Monday, February 09, 2015 5:31 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:HP Tuners is the only thing that works to tune our stock PCM/ECUs.

EFI live also works, but is more money.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:41 AM
Tuning a stock ln2 or even a basic bolt on LN2 I would call a waste of money.

If you're looking for power you need a lot more work than a tune

If you're looking for mileage your best bet is lightfootedness and grandma driving with proper maintenance.

With one of the DOHC motors you'd be better suited to get power from a tune if the motor Is factory and even then I probably wouldn't do it with a stock motor.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:22 PM
I agree, programers don't do a whole lot for NA cars. specially ones that only have around 100hp. You would be better off switching to a K&N air filter and all around synthetic oil for the price of the programmer. Or if you want better mileage and performance, lose some weight in the car. Take out the back seat, rear seatbelts, and anything in the trunk you are not using. Hell even take the spare tire out if you feel lucky.
Thursday, February 12, 2015 5:29 AM
I'm sorry but a true tune will yield more performance than a K&N filter and oil.

I have seen a 2.2 Ecotec bone stock gain 8whp off a mild tune. That is alot truly.

Because of etc.. I would recommend doing other mods, intake, header, exhaust and then getting a tune to make it more worth while.

FU Tuning

Friday, February 13, 2015 1:11 AM
Well thanks and i called the company that makes them for few questions he said about same as addicted to meth and was actually going to put cold air intake and new muffler but found out today sub frame is rotten so might end up just selling it because an accident (kid lied at reporting center) that happened cant even insure this thing
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:37 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I'm sorry but a true tune will yield more performance than a K&N filter and oil.

I have seen a 2.2 Ecotec bone stock gain 8whp off a mild tune. That is alot truly.

Because of etc.. I would recommend doing other mods, intake, header, exhaust and then getting a tune to make it more worth while.

Ecotec maybe. but an old 2200 like the one in this cavalier I cant see much excitement coming from just a tune. Maybe 5hp if they undid the emissions revisions.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:45 AM
Nicholas Reilly wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:I'm sorry but a true tune will yield more performance than a K&N filter and oil.

Ecotec maybe. but an old 2200 like the one in this cavalier I cant see much excitement coming from just a tune. Maybe 5hp if they undid the emissions revisions.

I do not think people realize how rich GM runs these motors from the factory. Just leaning them out will gain power.

I also found n/a that tuning for the power also got better mpg's.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search