z24cavalier3400 Build Thread - Page 15 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Sunday, November 01, 2015 10:49 AM
Got a new timing chain kit, did not trust my old one and this came with new bolts and everything. I had to block off 3 oil port in the block since I am not going to run a balance shaft chain or water pump any more. Installed my MRZ underdrive pulley, found out I need a 39" 5 ribbed belt. Took me 2 days to source one locally. No one carries this size, only 38" or 40".

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:10 PM
Picked up a LSJ Phenolic spacer. Drilled and tapped the PCV port on the head to put a plug in it. Also drilled and tapped all the intake bolt holes to m8x1.25 since that is what the LSJ engine use instead of the m7x1.0 I believe. I did not want to have any misalignment with the spacer.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:12 PM
More,
Also drilled the intake to accept m8 bolts.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:15 PM
Picked up a 10mm to 4an banjo fitting and a m10x1.0 banjo bolt. This should clean up the overflow pipe.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:16 PM
Can someone say 6.5qts of goodness? Instead of the crappy 5qt pan. This is off an 04 saab 9-3 with an oil level sensor

Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:18 PM
Picked up a trunk release button from the junkyard from a 2002 malibu. They light up so I removed the old bulb and added a red led. They use the same connector as factory but have two more wires in it. You can either repin it or swap connectors. The last picture the button is not clipped in as I did not wire up the light yet.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:19 PM
Picked up a 3qt Accusump. It has the electronic valve on it and a 25-30psi pressure sensor.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 9:36 PM
Cleaned the accusump today. It was pretty nasty. I made a huge mess in the shop. There was hardly any pressure in it but when I set it in my oil drain pan and activated the solenoid it covered me and half the shop with oil. Everything in about a 25ft radius is now covered in oil and there is really no way for me to clean it all up as it is as if it rained oil.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 9:39 PM
You know out of the entire internet, you would think there would be pictures of the Accusump disassembled, but no, not one. Not even the Moroso version. I need to find a better electric valve for this as these are know for restricting flow. I'm going to take mine apart and see how it works so I can try to find a less restrictive one. So, if someone can help, please let me know.

Saturday, February 06, 2016 10:05 PM
Sorry for not posting in a while, I have decided to go in a different direction with the car so their may be quite a few items for sale.

I did manage to pick up a wings west rear lip and side skirts to go with my front lip for a 2000-02.

Saturday, February 06, 2016 10:08 PM
So I picked up a set of custom made coilovers with Koni Race shocks and Hyperco 800# front an 700# rear springs.

Saturday, February 06, 2016 10:09 PM
Also picked up a center brace for under the car, subframe brace, and trailing arm braces.

Sunday, February 07, 2016 8:57 AM
Nice....id love those braces if I wasnt so low. Cant wait to see this car running...
Saturday, February 27, 2016 11:38 AM
Nice build, I just went through the whole thing. Saw your youtube videos and it looks like you are running a supercharger now? Or is that a different car. Looking forward to seeing this thing do some runs!
Saturday, March 12, 2016 7:12 PM
Chris B wrote:Nice build, I just went through the whole thing. Saw your youtube videos and it looks like you are running a supercharger now? Or is that a different car. Looking forward to seeing this thing do some runs!

That was a different car.

Saturday, March 12, 2016 7:15 PM
Sorry haven't updated this in a while. Probably isn't to many people modifying these on here so there probably isn't much interest in what's next.

picked up some modified nbody aluminum spindles.
jbody to nbody hub adapters
arp evo 3" studs
custom 12.5"x 1.25" wilwood tho piece rotors with 4 piston calipers
tubular control arms with heim joints including the balljoint.
csr 35gph electric water pump
oem aluminum clutch reservoir bracket. now i can get rid of the plastic one.

Saturday, March 12, 2016 7:17 PM
Installed the new coils in the rear.

Saturday, March 12, 2016 7:18 PM
Installed the front coils.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 1:53 PM
Installed the center brace.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 1:55 PM
New passenger side automatic axle for the jackshaft.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 1:57 PM
Test fitted the front control arms and spindles. Apparently I need the bump steer kit for these spindles as the nbody tie rods I ordered have play in the taper. Also had the front rotors machined. I am going to pull the kmember out and have it powdercoated after I weld up the k brace.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 10:37 PM
wow, where'd you find such a nice set of wilwoods? Also, what is the rear disk brake setup? neon swap?

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:53 PM
VTLoki wrote:wow, where'd you find such a nice set of wilwoods? Also, what is the rear disk brake setup? neon swap?

They cam from mark off the reaper. It's a custom setup. The rear is 12" baers. I will most likely change them.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:38 PM
You got a lot off the Reaper.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 18, 2016 8:15 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:
VTLoki wrote:wow, where'd you find such a nice set of wilwoods? Also, what is the rear disk brake setup? neon swap?

They cam from mark off the reaper. It's a custom setup. The rear is 12" baers. I will most likely change them.

If you ever want to get rid of the rears, I'll take them off your hands.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search