LN2 98+ Rocker stud update with part #'s and pics. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LN2 98+ Rocker stud update with part #'s and pics.
Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:01 PM
I know when people have wanted to swap to roller rockers on the ln2 motors that everyone is told to look up madjack's master thread. I purchased rocker studs back in 05' for my ln2 build and we ended up using them on my buddies build for his turbo car. The issue was with the Crane Cams studs #'s 99154 they do have the m8x1.25 thread base for the head and 3/8ths stud for the rocker swap.....but the studs are 1.437 inches long and don't allow for the poly locks to thread far enough onto the stud. This caused the rocker to come off while cruising around the block after swapping on a new external gate and we shut the motor down asap and coasted to a stop.

Now the correct number for arp studs #'s 134-7201 have the m8x1.25 base threads to work on the head and the 3/8ths stud for the rocker but they are 1.75 inches long allowing for more threads to engage the polylock. We just ordered these and a new gold race rocker to replace the one pictured. The arp's only come in a set of 16 so if anyone is interested we will have left overs to do another ln2 if anyone is interested pm me.

Lesson learned
Crane cams #99154 not enough threads to hold rocker on
Arp # 134-7201 has slightly more than a 1/4inch more threads than Crane studs.

Re: LN2 98+ Rocker stud update with part #'s and pics.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:09 PM
thank you.
dennis
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:27 PM
Sweet tits. Youre making me miss my LN2 with all of the love youre giving them lately.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:40 PM
Not going to lie....I kind of want to build an ln2 after my Eco. But I'm thinking ln.2 5spd. S-10. With a t3 super 60.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:18 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Not going to lie....I kind of want to build an ln2 after my Eco. But I'm thinking ln.2 5spd. S-10. With a t3 super 60.

Sonoma front end. Single cab short bed. Drop spindles and blocks in the rear. You read my mind haha.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:55 AM
Mmmmmm..mini truck

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:06 AM
I've been looking for a '94 myself. But it's going up, not down, and with a t04e compressor.

How much for the extra studs?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:44 PM
55 shipped.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:07 PM
Thanks for the good info

JUCNBST wrote:Not going to lie....I kind of want to build an ln2 after my Eco

Me too man. It's always been something I say I'll do when I have the money.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:59 PM
Not to sound like an ass or anything ..... but this guys-a-doin'-it! lol. just got 1.65 rocker comp cams beehive springs, and sent out a cam to crane for a regrind. I'll let everyone know whats up. Doing it cuz I blew a cheapo engine build where I chunked a 95 head on a 99 block, ended up with a busted piston when I pulled the head only expecting a blown gasket >.<'
Friday, June 20, 2014 10:14 AM
Mathew C.....

Which 1.65 Comp Cams rockers did u get fit? I'm using Harland Sharp Diamond 1.65. They r narrow bodied. I had trouble finding any 1.65 rockers narrow enough to fit my head. My head cast # is 6146.

Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:15 AM
I'm currently just gathering parts, so whatever wont fit will be made to fit... lol but to answer your question, I actually bought Crane Cams Energizer rockers... whether they fit right out the box is TBD.... I knew right out the gate fitments going to be an issue so I will post asap whenever I have time and answers. If I remember I will lookup my casting # as well. What year head is yours?
Monday, June 23, 2014 4:49 PM
My head casting # is 6146. I also used the '94-'97 oversize valves cause they r longer than the 2200, I think by .200 inch... my pushrods are also 7.750x5/16. Oh yeah I ran into some trouble with the 3/8 pushrods b4 I did my cam & @!#$. They ended up rubbing on the exhaust side of the head slots causing the #3 rocker to bust. So I had my machinist for my head open up the pushrod slots a little just to b safe & also went with the 5/16 pushrods this time.
Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:37 PM
Reviving an older thread.
Contacted Crane, as well as a couple other Companies via e mail. Crane was the first to reply. But had no knowledge of the intended application. The good news for me and those who are still thinking about doing this mod is Crane will sell individual rockers. So if you go through them you can get 8 instead of 16. Do not have a price yet. Sorry.

Have read this thread post by post. Top to bottom But as often happens, things got a little jumbled and I got a headache trying to piece together my needed information.
Can someone/anyone please verify the the following information for a 97 2.2 RS Cavalier.
Stud size?
Guided or unguided.

Many thanks. Sorry about digging up sort of a dinosaur thread.
Friday, May 08, 2015 7:48 AM
Apologies for the missed placed post above. ^
Had several tabs open at one time multitasking trying to look up related info. It was supposed to be at the end of the thread with the listing of the makes and part numbers of the various rockers that would work.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search