Ebay performance chips - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ebay performance chips
Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:52 PM
Are they worth the money. What kind of differences can i expect to see from a cheap chip or even an expensive one. 2.2 ecotec bone stock

Re: Ebay performance chips
Sunday, June 28, 2015 3:07 PM
No cheap chips or expensive chips are available.

Tuning IS available via HPT (most common).

I have heard of a 10whp gain for a stock L61 with a tune. With the cost of HPT that is totally not worth it to me, unless you can find someone who knows their stuff that will tune you for a good price that already owns HPT.

If you plan on going pretty far with the car HPT is a good investment though.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, June 28, 2015 3:46 PM
As stated our cars do not have chips.

I have seen 8whp on a stock Ecotec with a tune.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 28, 2015 4:23 PM
Quote:

I have seen 8whp on a stock Ecotec with a tune.

it was you that i was (mis) quoting about the gain on a stock Ecotec. I thought it was 10. I stand corrected here, my bad.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:25 PM
Anyone ever use those real cheap chips for like 20 bucks? I think they're suppose to trick the computer or something but i heard they may do more harm then good

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, July 01, 2015 1:07 PM
T!M8!T wrote:Anyone ever use those real cheap chips for like 20 bucks? I think they're suppose to trick the computer or something but i heard they may do more harm then good

Again our cars do not use chips.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 11:55 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
T!M8!T wrote:Anyone ever use those real cheap chips for like 20 bucks? I think they're suppose to trick the computer or something but i heard they may do more harm then good

Again our cars do not use chips.

See I was thinking something like this.. http://m.ebay.ca/itm/311390733084?nav=SEARCH

ReD RaiN
Thursday, July 02, 2015 4:53 AM
Quote:

See I was thinking something like this.. http://m.ebay.ca/itm/311390733084?nav=SEARCH

STAAAAAHP.

Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:09 AM
Why is this still going?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:09 PM
Sry just checking to see if we were on the same page

ReD RaiN
Friday, July 03, 2015 10:12 AM
rofl 100hp. If anyone believes that crap they deserve to be out $15

Friday, July 03, 2015 9:59 PM
I wasn't expecting 100, but figured might be good for a few extra that it didn't have before. Or save on fuel, Hey anything cheap is worth inquiring about. can't afford an expensive turbo setup but looking to gain some hp on these 2.2's

ReD RaiN
Friday, July 03, 2015 10:28 PM
I wasn't saying you were, but think of how many suckers fall into that trap without ever giving it a second thought. If they weren't still getting people on it, they wouldn't be doing it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search