RWD V8 started cheap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RWD V8 started cheap
Friday, December 04, 2015 4:47 PM
Hello I have started a new project. First I was a Powertrain engineer for the CTSV platform. I have found an S10 front frame fits under the 2000 cavalier. I am building a RWD frame using the front suspension with a rack and pinion converstion. I will update as it progress evolves. I will be using a rear end from a mustang 8.8 for availability of parts and suspension. I know people will go off about cost. Here is my break down.
Front frame $150
Rack converstion $375
Frame material $215
Rear suspension and Rear end $235
Core 5.3 truck v8 $175
Engine rebuild 675 hp $1850
Custom 4L60E stall performance build $500
Trans core $100
Custom stand alone PCM and harness $425
I have the car and will let out Autocad drawings and hand drawn designs to share. I will upon request give out my resources for parts I am in FLINT Michigan. But I can help those who want to help them selves. Thank you for reading.

Re: RWD V8 started cheap
Friday, December 04, 2015 7:50 PM
Defiantly in for updates sounds interesting and sounds like you've got a good idea of what your going to do.
Saturday, December 05, 2015 5:24 AM
Flint. I went there once to buy a cavalier.

You do not know a Jim Trevino do you?

FU Tuning

Saturday, December 05, 2015 7:05 AM
Sub'd for progress.

Saturday, December 05, 2015 1:20 PM
No sorry I dont
Tuesday, December 08, 2015 4:59 PM
1st update found a remanufactured front frame using A arms and rack&pinon steering at S&W RACE CARS. This item is fully welded and set for $629. They also offer preformed rear clips unwelded four link or ladder bar for $379. I also found at New offer at COMPETITION PRODUCTS has a stroker LS 447 city assembled for $4500. So going with the formed frame. With some fitting and cutting it will fit under the car like a glove and make a rolling frame and give me options for V8. I researched online and found a company that if you send a harness from the junk yard and a PCM they will label and flash the PCM for the stand alone work for only $299. This beats out GM Performance kit that retails for $1200. Well that's so far, by using the frame I use the G body brakes, no need for struts and can order spindles and suspension from local parts stores. Thanks for reading, much more to come.
Friday, December 11, 2015 5:14 PM
Well designed the new frame setting up ride hieght
Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:14 PM
Well here is a preliminary drawing of using S&W pre fabricated frame. Out rigs for connecting the body and OEM frame rails to the new one. Please accept my apologies for the hand drawing I will have CAD drawings with a final design. Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time and input.Well sorry trying to attach and my pic is to big I will try to fix.
Monday, December 14, 2015 5:34 AM
I'm in

Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:13 PM
Jonas Heaton wrote:Well here is a preliminary drawing of using S&W pre fabricated frame. Out rigs for connecting the body and OEM frame rails to the new one. Please accept my apologies for the hand drawing I will have CAD drawings with a final design. Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time and input.Well sorry trying to attach and my pic is to big I will try to fix.

Am I the only one that does not see the drawings??

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:14 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Jonas Heaton wrote:Well here is a preliminary drawing of using S&W pre fabricated frame. Out rigs for connecting the body and OEM frame rails to the new one. Please accept my apologies for the hand drawing I will have CAD drawings with a final design. Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time and input.Well sorry trying to attach and my pic is to big I will try to fix.

Am I the only one that does not see the drawings??

me either.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 7:01 PM

Guys - read last sentence!

Jonas I sent you a pm - let me know if you need a hand. Also, check out that guy Mikey G who posted below you, and his limited edition factory CaV8alier

Thursday, February 04, 2016 11:45 AM
I'm interested to see the drawings, hand drawn or Autocad......

Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:04 AM
Hi Jonas,

Have you made and progress with your project ?

Still quite interested....

Cheers

Friday, June 03, 2016 10:54 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to use the whole s-10 frame, or does that mount the body to high on the frame ? I want to do this some day but keep it a 4.3 and 4wd. I've seen several rwd cavalier setups that I think used the 80's s-10 frame. I believe it is shorter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search