Ecotec Adj. Cam Gears - Only useful for exhaust camshaft? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Adj. Cam Gears - Only useful for exhaust camshaft?
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:05 PM
Hey,

I reached out to SMG Motoring. I was told that the best place to start is on the exhaust cam. Retard timing between 2-4 degrees and see what that does for power gains. SMG does not touch the intake camshaft unless spinning to 8000 RPM or when using aggressive camshafts. How does SMG define aggressive? I am still awaiting that reply.

With that said, I am in the market to replace my aftermarket cams with a more aggressive profile, namely comp stage 2 or 3. I am a little weary of the stage 3 only because I don't want to pull power only above 5000 RPM (if I had VTEC K20 motor, I wouldn't mind). However, I am looking for the cam that will give me the best power to match my newly built head. If I can use the adjustable cam gears to play with the curve and provide some good power down low, I'll buy the stage 3 all day. If the stage 2 is better for low end torque and using the adjustable cam gears I can improve on the top end power, I'd go with the stage 2.

Does anyone have experience with using a comp stage 2 or 3 and playing with the adjustable cam gears?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Re: Ecotec Adj. Cam Gears - Only useful for exhaust camshaft?
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:54 PM
i do

not willing to advertise it though... message me, you have my number..
Monday, December 07, 2015 5:45 AM
How about comp turbo grind cams on an NA motor? Again, I have adjustable cam gears to adjust timing/overlap.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:17 AM
not a good choice.. you wont have enough flow from no turbo to use them..

Will be like boost lag on a N/A motor
Friday, January 22, 2016 12:45 PM
I will have to try since I have them. If I do pull power from the adjustment, I'll be sure to post up my results.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search