Cams - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cams
Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:50 AM
Ok I have a 04 cavalier I race dirt track with so far I have balance shaft delete, 2.4 intake, .020 head gasket, exhaust, I'm taking the head off this week and getting it ported polished and flowed so while I'm there I'm looking at cams to put in. Of course the motor is supposed to remain (stock) so I need ideas for a decent cam that has a decent idle and performs well at 4500 to 7500 thanks in advance guys. And yes it will be getting tuned and I have cobalt injectors to put on it.

Re: Cams
Sunday, July 03, 2016 7:56 PM
The comp cams stage 2's would probably suit it well with a good tune
Monday, July 04, 2016 12:09 AM
Remember to upgrade the valvesprings too. The stock ones can barely handle the stock cams.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 12:03 AM
Have multiple cars running oem springs 7800 rpm no issues tried some aftermarket springs and had 2 failures.

97cavalier
Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:40 AM
What brand? ZZP has had failures. Supertech is the most common. There is a post buried on this site where they tested the stock eco valvesprings and with stock cams they were very close to being maxed out. Even the Stage 1 N/A cams recommend that you upgrade the valvesprings.

Sunday, August 21, 2016 12:24 AM
Believe they were ZZP and going on 4 years on stg 3 with oem springs running 7500-8000 majority of the time havent had any issues and on dyno still making power over 7000

97cavalier
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search