My 2.4 ecotec sunfire "no joke" - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 2.4 ecotec sunfire "no joke"
Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:59 PM
For anyone who is still on this website i would like to bring to attention that i am in the middle of putting a 2.4 vvt ecotec supercharged with custom cams in my 2005 pomtiac sunfire. If anyone needs any information on how i am doing this please feel free to email me at coryhart14@hotmail.com

As far as i know i am the first person ever to do this and also if you plan on doing it you have to open up you wallet. When the car is done which will be another 2 mounths i will be posting pics

Re: My 2.4 ecotec sunfire "no joke"
Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:26 PM
Oldskool has a thread on here from years ago when he did it without adding boost. I think the thread has "freak-o-tec" in the title. It pulled pretty good for a N/A eco.

Newt also has a turbocharged 2.4 ecotec in his sunfire.

DaFlyinSkwirl had a supercharged 2.4L ecotec in his blue cav that he parted out. Another member has that engine and should be putting it in his sedan cav this summer.

All of these swaps were done with L61 or LSJ heads because the stock PCM/ECU cannot control the VVT.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:40 PM

Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:56 PM
Pretty sure Phil was le5/l61hybrid swapped as well in qwibby.

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:25 AM
I have put together a white cavy with Le5 bottom end mated to l61 head all motor. Started a second build now that my brother flipped that cavalier. This one is going to be same bottom end with upgraded l61 head and M62 assorted goodies. I also have a low mileage le5 engine and an even lower mileage lsj head that stripped awaiting porting. Yet to be determined what that will go in.
Friday, February 17, 2017 10:54 AM
Sub'd

x2 on all of the above info.

That being said, if you plan to run the 2.4 LE5 head, how do you plan to control the VVT and direct fuel injection?
What trigger wheel setup do you plan to use if using the stock PCM?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, February 18, 2017 6:26 AM
The stock pcm has been removed. Im going with a stand alone computer from zzp. We were able to use the stock steering assembly by puting a powersteering pump where the air conditioner goes since the head doesnt support a cam drivin power steering pump.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search