LSJ injectors on L61 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LSJ injectors on L61
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:48 AM
So here's the deal, I've got an 04 cavvy with a 5 speed. I'm doing the 2.4 intake swap. I read that doing this will max out the injectors and lean it out at high rpm(6-7000). I'm guessing most that do this swap don't have rules to deal with(this is on a race car) and they are running a cold air or short ram setup. Since I have to run the stock airbox setup, is it necessary to do the LSJ injector swap? Will running the stock airbox restrict it enough to not have to switch injectors? I will be getting it tuned and I do have the '02 fuel rail, so if I have to do it I'd just have to get the injectors. Also, does anyone know the exact specs on the stock LSJ injectors(I realize this maybe isn't the best place to ask this)? I've read 32, 34 and 36# for stock, I don't really know what to believe. Any insight is appreciated, thank you.

Re: LSJ injectors on L61
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:29 PM
Stock LSJ injectors are 36lb/hr. They're 60mm tall, as are the injectors in your 02 rail. Plugs are the same GM connector, Multec 2.

I've never run or tuned an LE5 manifold. Everyone talks about the stock injectors not being enough. Based on how pig rich the stock tune is I'd really love to see what wideband AFR numbers people actually see at WOT with stock injectors on that manifold. So, can't answer your first question but if you do it on stock injectors follow up with how it turned out; I'm curious.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 20, 2017 5:07 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Stock LSJ injectors are 36lb/hr. They're 60mm tall, as are the injectors in your 02 rail. Plugs are the same GM connector, Multec 2.

I've never run or tuned an LE5 manifold. Everyone talks about the stock injectors not being enough. Based on how pig rich the stock tune is I'd really love to see what wideband AFR numbers people actually see at WOT with stock injectors on that manifold. So, can't answer your first question but if you do it on stock injectors follow up with how it turned out; I'm curious.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=444179&t=444179#444179

phil's post down towards the bottom talks about afr and IDC that he and ryan were seeing when tuning his car with the le5 mani

Monday, March 27, 2017 5:38 PM
If your going to tune anyways just go ahead and do the injectors. You can get them for $50 or less.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:31 AM
I've got 60 or 80 lb injectors you can have for $50/set. Siemens Deka made for that platform.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Monday, April 17, 2017 7:03 PM
I can tell youy research yielded the same information - stock injectors can't handle the 2.4 manifold swap. So happened my lsj injectors werent firing right (stupid me bought them used and never got them flow bench tested , cleaned etc. Which I need up doing for the second tune ) when I first went to tune with the new swap. So, I had to tune with srock injectors and I wasn't close enough to max them out ). Wish I had numbers. Maxing out I assume is 85 % or more duty cycle. I hit about 175 whp on stock injectors. I put freshly cleaned and sand blasted LSJ injector's for thr next tune but didn't get the done so no info on the duty cycle on those. AFr WOT for first tune I wanna say 14. 3? Damn. Forgot.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search