ECOTEC SOLID LIFTER?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECOTEC SOLID LIFTER??
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:00 AM
hi guys!

i'm doing all forged engine on my sunfire 2.2. ecotec.

i have the question about benefits of using solid lifters VS hydraulic...

hope you can help me, and explain me how solids works.

what i need to modify to use solid etc.

these ones are i'm planning to buy....

www.ebay.com/itm/191611247441?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

and these are the camshafts i'm using

www.ebay.com/itm/Comp-Cams-113150-CAMSHAFT-KIT-GM-ECOTECH-XE246THR-13-/131974727212?hash=item1eba4e862c:g:o~gAAOSwYIxYBk~c&vxp=mtr

MURCIELAGO 2.2 ECOTEC...(CAI WEAPON-R AND AEM, RSM/Z-Spec ligth pulleys, RK-S Headers, MAGNAFLOW SS 2.5" catback, REAR DISC brakes/SS lines, RALCO short Shift, RK-S eng. mounts, KYB AGX Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, OPTIMA REDTOP)... J Body Member

Re: ECOTEC SOLID LIFTER??
Friday, April 21, 2017 6:15 PM
I do not recommend them. Getting the clearances right to run them can be time consuming. I have of 2 occasions they were used and caused phatom knock as well. Unless your building a 1300hp motor I do not see you needing them.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:51 PM
Plus, you will need solid lifter camshaft grinds for a solid lifter. Hydraulic, the angles will be wrong and could lead to breakage or accelerated wear.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, June 23, 2017 5:53 AM
Quote:

I do not recommend them. Getting the clearances right to run them can be time consuming. I have of 2 occasions they were used and caused phatom knock as well. Unless your building a 1300hp motor I do not see you needing them.

Quote:

Plus, you will need solid lifter camshaft grinds for a solid lifter. Hydraulic, the angles will be wrong and could lead to breakage or accelerated wear.

I definitely agree with both of these statements. I have ran solid lifters on a few builds (never eco, didnt want to have to deal with clearances and machining for minimal gains in my build) and every time the costs/time never really added up for potential benefits.

Not saying the setup isnt cool and worth it for a big power car. I just never really needed solids.

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search