performace lifters? - Performance Forum

Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.
performace lifters?
Sunday, December 19, 2004 6:39 PM
Hey guys , I'm looking for performance lifters (rollers) or regular for my 94 2.2 engine because I'm going to trim the head of the engine for more compression and i want to change the lifters too . Thanks for help <br>

miamicavy

Re: performace lifters?
Monday, December 20, 2004 10:08 PM
rumor has it that we already have roller lifters. you may have to think about pushrods though. i don't know how much you are trimming but you may need to go with a tad shorter rod = custom rod or risk screwing the rocker geometry.
Monday, December 20, 2004 10:18 PM
No, the 95-97 have 1.55 rockers, the 98+'s are the ones with 1.6, so if you have a pre-98, you don't have the nicer 1.6 rockers

<br>

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 11:11 AM
and even the 98+ arent really 1.6... <br>

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 9:14 AM
how would sombody go about to adjust a lifter? i have a clacky lifter in my 2200 and from what i've seen, i'd have to pull the head to get at them, is there an easier way? <br>

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 2:07 PM
can really adjust a lifter i dont believe... might be time to replace... we have hydraulic lifters... and the stock rockers cant be adjusted...

and easier way..... take precision cause you damn sure dont wanna loose it and drop it in the oil pan

take off the rocker arm, remove pushrod, use a magnet thats strong enough to hold on to it and pull it up, but i would reccomend removing the head.....alot safer and less likely to drop one... <br>

Thursday, December 23, 2004 10:31 AM
2200 lifters are not adjustables thats why I have to change them.I think that Im going to replaces them with the after-market stock ones. Thanks everybody <br>

miamicavy
Thursday, December 23, 2004 11:50 AM
Check out this website for everything thats Jbody performance!

www.jbodyperformance.com
Thursday, December 23, 2004 12:06 PM
or just check out the links in that post at the top of the forum.... jbodyperformance as well as other places are already listed there.... some places have better deals. <br>

Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.

Start New Topic Advanced Search