borla vs magnaflow - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
borla vs magnaflow
Wednesday, February 02, 2005 3:30 PM
i know borla is very throaty, don't know much about magnaflow...any suggestions for performance and sound on these 2...or others for 01 sunfire 2.2? thanks

Re: borla vs magnaflow
Wednesday, February 02, 2005 4:34 PM
sounds will be different for every car. i met a guy that had a vibrant exhaust on his 01 cavi, it sounded pretty good but wasn't very deep. I bought one for my car its amazingly deep.

Generally though magnaflow is a very good product, and alot cheaper than borala.

New sig in the works
Wednesday, February 02, 2005 8:27 PM
And what car do you have Larry? =D

My Car Domain Page

Thursday, February 03, 2005 1:01 AM
It really doesn't matter...if you have the money, go Borla. If not, you will still get great performance out of the Magnaflow setup. Borla is usally a bit deeper than magnaflow setups but like Larry said, it depends on the application cause every car is different.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, February 03, 2005 9:56 AM
Magnaflow is cheaper and a Grade A product. You can't go wrong with it.
Monday, April 04, 2005 4:29 PM
So i hear borla is throaty, but how about the volume? I mean sounding good is one thing, but sounding good and being able to be heard a mile away is different.
Monday, April 04, 2005 5:04 PM
BeachZ24 wrote:So i hear borla is throaty, but how about the volume? I mean sounding good is one thing, but sounding good and being able to be heard a mile away is different.

Anytime you have a bigger diameter it's going to be louder. As far as your volume question, your car gets louder the higher the rpms are. If you slam on it all the way till 6000 RPMs, I'm sure you can hear it quite some distance. If your taking it easy around 2500...it won't be loud. That goes with any exhaust setup.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, April 04, 2005 5:11 PM
i have magnaflow in my 05 sunfire, its nice but a little raspy, and a little loud in 5th gear when engine is under lots o load

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:07 PM
Ya i know the floor'n it thing. My Dynomax is quiet until i step on it. However, I've heard exhaust on cavaliers before, where the person comes off a stop sign take'n it easy, and you can hear that bassy hum prety loud, like chest shake'n loud. And that was just a muffler on the stock piping. It sounded good, but gave ya a headache after a while cause it was so damn loud. I hear all this good stuff about borla, i'm just wondering if it is loud like that, or if it's more controllable like the dynomax's.
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:10 PM
i'm going to be puttting on a 24in resonator to keep the raspyness to a minimum with the borla catback and a header

Monday, April 04, 2005 8:14 PM
I have magnaflow mufflers on my setup with rksport's 4-2-1 header and i love it. (i got an LD9 if anybody was curious)

mine isn't raspy at all either. just my $.02

Monday, April 04, 2005 11:37 PM
i have the same thing CCasper has... 4-2-1 rk sport header with 2.5" header back exhaust and a magnaflow muffler and i like it... it kind of got a little bit to loud at first when i put the rk sport header on but i defiantly got use to it and it is a nice deep sound and still 100x's quieter then the civics with their loud A$$ mufflers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search