2.2 Turbo Kit? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 Turbo Kit?
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:16 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a complete turbo kit for the '99 2.2l engine (2200) other than cavalier connection? I realize I can piece my stuff together, but is there any other cheaper route? I've already checked around on ebay and can't find anything.

Thanks guys.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3

Re: 2.2 Turbo Kit?
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:18 PM
Cheap or reliable, pick one.

Really there is no cheaper way than doing it yourself. After cavalier connection you are looking at buying a hahn kit, and they won't be any cheaper. Don't cheap out on turbo kit parts, its what keeps your engine running after you put the boost to it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:22 PM
I figured I'd hear that. If I buy the cavalier connection's turbo kit, is that all I need (other than maybe an intercooler)?

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:25 PM
Best to ask them, I would assume since its a kit, that it comes with everything needed, although most kits don't include the gauges that you would need.

Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:26 PM
Quote:

Don't cheap out on turbo kit parts, its what keeps your engine running after you put the boost to it.

Yep. You can spend money, or you can spend time. When you spend $$, you let someone else spend the time to figure out what parts work together and what combination is good. When you save $$, you have to spend the time to pick parts yourself. If you're in a hurry, pick the guy that does a good job picking parts and spend what he's asking.

-->Slow
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:44 PM
i have a 99 2200 and was also interested in the turbo kit. I figured turbo was the way to go, becuase you have to pay like 400-700 dollars for i/h/e mods. So why not....

Does anyone have any dyno results from the turbo for a 2200?
Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:13 PM
Im lookin to get the cav turbo sometime. Ive heard good things on it. I remember a thread in the past that covered 2200 turbos cant remember the name.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 1:48 PM
xploited racing ( maybe xploitedracing.com) has a peice together turbo kit with add ons for additional $, but I live in Kali, and nothing is C.A.R.B. legal as of yet.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 1:49 PM
.org ?
Sunday, February 13, 2005 2:17 PM
Exploited Racing... http://www.exploitedracing.com

If you look in the boost forum, MANY people complain because it takes him OVER 1 YEAR TO DELIVER HIS "KITS". Avoid at all costs ordering from him.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:04 PM
wow, that's not good buisness.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:11 PM
I know someone that has a cavalier connection header, downpipe, and intercooler piping he would be willing to sell if you wanted to piece your stuff together

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:28 AM
they still around???
Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:56 AM
holy old thread batman!!

I couldnt believe I saw something posted by maximum boost.....the real question is are THEY still around??

Cav connection was transformed to J-tuners, and does things on a very limited production basis....need 5 orders of a turbo kit to get them made. Best bet is to check out the GP forum for the RD Fabs stainless version of thier famed manifold. It is not a direct copy, but the closest thing out there.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:18 AM
like john said i dont even think Jtuners makes the kits any more i think they just paid for a couple years of domain hosting and thats it. Before John came threw with a spare manifold and down pipe from them i spent atleast a year trying to get something from them with no luck. I would say spend some coin and piece it together yourself or go Hahn

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:16 PM
Hahn Racecraft 2.2 LN2 turbo kit

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Friday, May 23, 2008 2:07 PM
(Sigh) Makes me glad my LN2 is in a S-truck... turbos10.com has it all figured out & sells alotta kits, parts & complete engines. Some of which can reach 600whp!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search