Ecotec Header gasket - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Header gasket
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 6:02 AM
Does the header gasket need to be replaced when installing a new header such as a weapon r header and if so does anyone have the number for the header gasket from GM? 2.2L ecotec engine....

Re: Ecotec Header gasket
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:12 AM
usually when you get a header they send you a gasket. however the gasket i got from pacesetter was a crap gasket that cracked and leaked in a month (good product, bad gasket)

the p/n for ecotec exhaust manifold gasket is 90537696
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:27 AM
The right gasket is only 30 bux from the dealer, i baught that, and then some high temp copper gasket sealer. My header hasn't leaked yet and its been a year

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:33 AM
the Weapon-R does not include a gasket for going between the manifold and header. You can use the stock one, but just spend the extra $30 like I did for a new one

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:04 PM
i found that the ports on the gasket were smaller than the holes on the header, so i put a few bolts in to hold it into place and took a dremel to it and made the sizes match
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:47 PM
^^^^ That really wont make a difference because your exhaust ports are still the same size unless you bore them out then there might be a reason to modify the gasket

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:50 PM
I've had my header for 5 years, low miles on it. However, I don't think its leaking, but possible I guess. Should I replace the gasket at the head and where the 2 meets the 1 ( I have the RK SPORT 4-2-1). Does a real copper head gasket give me more gains or just plain better? Does anyone know the dealer part # to fit my RKSPORT header? I think I just might replace it anyway.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search