Dual Exhaust 04 cavy?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dual Exhaust 04 cavy??
Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:07 PM
Hey guys, I am debating weather or not to do a dual exhaust on my 04 cavy auto 2.2 eco...any one got any info on how much LOSS of Torque would be if I do this ???

"Your a mean mean maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!"

Re: Dual Exhaust 04 cavy??
Friday, February 18, 2005 1:19 AM
you wouldnt LOSE any torque, you wouldnt see any gain either unless its only got the stock system on it now.

Friday, February 18, 2005 5:18 AM
dual exhaust is mainly for looks. and extra weight of the muffler.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:22 AM
You can do duals with one muffler.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:18 AM
but if you do duals what's the point of only going one muffler? You don't gain any performance from dual. It does look good though, but it adds weight. So why add all that weight of dual pipes and try to save about a pound by only putting one muffler on it?

Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:01 AM
^^^ since when do mufflers only weight 1 lb?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:18 AM
the 1 lb thing was just a figure of speech. What's the point of one muffler when you got dual pipes? that doesn't even fall into the looks category. Dual exhaust is for looks. don't stop short with one muffler.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:18 PM
Where can you get a dual exhaust? Is it a direct bolt up or is there major modifactions needed?
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:46 PM
Doug wrote:Where can you get a dual exhaust? Is it a direct bolt up or is there major modifactions needed?

Magnaflow, Borla & RK Sport sell a dual exit cat-back setup. You can contact either one of those companies for prices.

Now, if you find their prices to be too much, you could always find a local performance/exhaust shop that can bend you one. Only get compression bends or mendral bends, you defenitley don't want crush bends. With a Dual exit setup, there is alot of bends, last thing you want is an abstruction of exhaust flow on an bend.

I personally have an mendrel bent setup...custom 2 1/2" piping with Magnaflow mufflers:

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:22 PM
Hey, I bought a Magnaflow dual cat-back from magnaflowonline.com and I just put it on today. It was a direct bolt-on, the only thing was that I had to take out the bolts for the rear shocks to drop the rear axle-beam in order to fit the new pipe on. Luckily I had it on a lift, with jack stands I can imagine it would've been much more difficult. No complaints so far, I'm happy with it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search