Engin mounts after header install? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engin mounts after header install?
Monday, April 11, 2005 10:33 PM
I have searched but cannot find a strait answer. I will be getting the pacesetter header, and i need to know why it is benificial to get mounts. Is it so the header dosent crack?

Re: Engin mounts after header install?
Monday, April 11, 2005 10:41 PM
the header it self shouldnt crack but the piping going to the cat might, its only really need if you have alot done to your car and are puttin down some serious hp for someone like myself its almost manditory unless i get a flex connector, btw it can also help get more tourqe to the ground as well if thats what you looking for...

Monday, April 11, 2005 10:49 PM
id get the mounts cause with engine movement it will probably crack the flange like mine did on my 2.4 or atleast get 1 of them cause it will help a little bit

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 2:25 PM
for less than $100, the mounts are cheap insurance so your header dont crack. and you will need them if you are going to run boost or even nitrous

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:11 PM
with the vibration that the mounts cause, does it vibrate toomuch when idling to see a tv screen? like playing yur ps2 in your car will it vibrate dash mounted tvs where you cant view hem?
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:13 PM
you shouldnt be watching or playing video games while drving anyway

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:17 PM
^its called idling
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:48 PM
I find the vibration comes and goes. The vibration is the worst coming to a stop or slowing down for a low speed turn. Idling it's not bad, just off idle there's a bit of vibration, then smooth while driving. It does make a lot of difference in how much the engine moves and acceleration feels a little more responsive, but in my opinion, I don't like the vibration and I'm considering taking the urethane upper mount out. I have a flex coupling so I'm not worried about cracking the pipe.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:55 PM
pacrossbow wrote:^its called idling

most people that i know that have a tv screen in there car also have a Optima Yellow top battery. and if they want to play games or watch a movie all they have to do is turn the ignition to the on postition so all the electronics come on but the car dont start. that might help you

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:39 PM
^ it'd be better than turning your car on and letting it idle for a couple hours.. you know how much gas that'd eat up? Sheesh.

My Car Domain Page

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search