Cams intall instructions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cams intall instructions
Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:39 PM
I did a search and came up with nothing, But can any body tell me how to put in cams for an ecotec 2.2 L .

I'm Talking DETAILED instructions on how to install and tune!

Also any advise on this topic would be appreciated.

Re: Cams intall instructions
Friday, May 27, 2005 12:49 AM
I thought there was a sticky on this?

Friday, May 27, 2005 5:33 AM
you didn't search enough.... I made a thread that is step by step very specific install instrutctions....

SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE STICKIED IT *HINT HINT*

but if you search for somehtin alone the lines of FAQ Ecotc cam timing and install a thread by me you'll find what you need

Friday, May 27, 2005 7:37 AM
I wouldn't do it yourself if you don't already know how. Just a warning. Alot of people tried installing them theirselves and couldn't get any gains.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Friday, May 27, 2005 8:12 AM
cams are either installed right or they are not, instal from perosn to person isn't gonna affect the power gains, the problem lots of people where having was the LMZ cams themselves

Friday, May 27, 2005 8:15 AM
i;d personally suggest a manual. especially on something that can damage the engine if not done right....

Friday, May 27, 2005 8:45 AM
spend the 20$ and get the manual... best tool you will ever have... besides nitrous..

ive had 3 cars and every one within a week of buying the car i buy the chiltons....

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Friday, May 27, 2005 9:46 AM
the actual install is very very simple, just time consuming if you pull the side cover to make sure you do it right... you can do it in like 45 minuets the quick way and hope the timing is right, or spend a couple hours and do it right the first time... if I rmeber right there is everythign you'll need to know in my write up including torque specs

Friday, May 27, 2005 10:29 AM
Darkstars wrote:the actual install is very very simple, just time consuming if you pull the side cover to make sure you do it right... you can do it in like 45 minuets the quick way and hope the timing is right, or spend a couple hours and do it right the first time... if I rmeber right there is everythign you'll need to know in my write up including torque specs

Your write up was really good. I wouldnt suggest to do it the short way because i had a mechanic look over my work (we went the short way) and he had trouble telling if the chain is in the right spot. I actuall messed up and had to do it again, the long way.
Friday, May 27, 2005 10:45 AM
Well I'm new and i don't know what a "Stiky" is, so if you could let me know i wont have any more stupid ?
Thanks

Friday, May 27, 2005 11:06 AM

Friday, May 27, 2005 4:39 PM
Dark Anjel wrote:Well I'm new and i don't know what a "Stiky" is, so if you could let me know i wont have any more stupid ?
Thanks

^^ lol

at least he admits it...

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Saturday, May 28, 2005 4:10 AM
I'm actually really good/fast at doing it the fast way. After you get it together, just get it at TDC, and verify link count between marks on cam gears, and use a protractor to verify intake mark location, works every time. Pulling the side cover is a pita imo. The GM service manual makes it much more work than it needs to be..

Saturday, May 28, 2005 6:31 AM
Dark Anjel DO NOT do it that way ^^^^

Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:25 PM
i second that. i was just in the process of taking mine out, then the rain came. i had everything apart and the heavens opened up on me. i cant put my car in the garage, my dad has both of his trucks in there.
hey darkstars where did you get that electronic cutoff for your exhaust?

you have to stand for something, or you're bound to fall for anything
Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:49 PM
joseph fitzwater wrote:
hey darkstars where did you get that electronic cutoff for your exhaust?

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com 2.25 inch cutout with QTEC valve

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search