Ford Brown Top Injectors in pre 99 2.4L? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ford Brown Top Injectors in pre 99 2.4L?
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:39 PM
I was told that the Ford Brown Tops will work in 96-98 2.4L cavi's.... IS this true? do you have to use different clips? these are 370 CC injectors correct?

Kris Bloom
Street Challenge
http://www.streetchallenge.info
Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/projectz/ <--- The Cav

Re: Ford Brown Top Injectors in pre 99 2.4L?
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:17 PM
Yes they will work, they clip into the stock clips, and they are low impedance just like the 96-98 injectors. Yeah, they are 370cc or 35lb/hr injectors.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:03 PM
well iam putting ford brown tops in my built motor with 11.1: comp,port & polished head, jbp stage 2 cams,all bolt ons and a lightend flywheel and stage 2 clutch,and a 75 shot of nitrous.

so the real question is will i need a different fuel pump with these mods or will just the injectors do the job???i will also have - hptuner

I know its a old post but i need to know and didnt want to start a new thread.

Thanks,
Paul

Monday, August 21, 2006 3:57 PM
You should get a more powerful fuel pump. In fact, that should be the first purchase when you start modifying a car. Last thing you want is detonation. The engine that originally came with those Ford brown tops only used a 80 liter per hour fuel pump, I'd reccomend getting something around 150-190. You can never have too much fuel pressure. It's not an expensive upgrade and it's one of those speed parts that's worth every penny.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search